Powell Panthers vs AC Mavericks

Mave4life8519

1 hour ago, SweetScience said:

Defense has always been Davey’s Achilles heel, it seems. 

Yeah it definitely has proved that way. What I have seen they can almost score at will but then you also have teams score at will too. I know a lot of players go both ways. But if they could get a fairly good overall defense not great and score like they have then this would make a huge difference obviously. As in the past if they can force maybe a couple of punts then that is all they needed. Opening a game with Powell I think is necessary to get a good benchmark of what they need to do to make a run at the state. Of course just like any team injuries can change it all.

On another note not had the chance but I hope OR players are ok and I hope OR has some good backups. Because like I always say if AC can't win it all I am Always pulling for OR and Clinton. I feel any time an Anderson County Team wins state it's good for all of us!

Edited by Mavericksinflight

I have no clue in this one. Both teams are going to score a lot, so I have a feeling this will come down to fitness and turnovers. Soles could be a big impact player in this one, especially if AC falls behind in the 2nd half. Motivation certainly won't be an issue, especially for AC. The Mavs haven't been able to get over the Powell hump in awhile, so I'll take Powell in a close one.

• Upvote 1

One Big Key for the Mavs is if they can put pressure on Potts and him not get away that is a Big Key. Two years ago we had great pressure but we let him run around and around long enough for him to throw the winning TD. He has good eyes for the rush and when you get there he can still squeeze thru somewhere if you give him an inch. 

Edited by Mavericksinflight

1 hour ago, Mavericksinflight said:

One Big Key for the Mavs is if they can put pressure on Potts and him not get away that is a Big Key. Two years ago we had great pressure but we let him run around and around long enough for him to throw the winning TD. He has good eyes for the rush and when you get there he can still squeeze thru somewhere if you give him an inch. 

I think you have to count on him getting away  .. key is does he try to still make the impossible play ..and throw a couple pics ..I think its in his genes to try and take that chance  .. if Mavs are in position to make a coup,e plays they  HAVE to take advantage  .. if they dont they dont win ..  if I was AC I would keep it on ground  4 , 5  or 6 yards at a crack ..Powell cant score if they dont have the ball  .. clock tic tic tic tic 

1 hour ago, Bravey said:

I think you have to count on him getting away  .. key is does he try to still make the impossible play ..and throw a couple pics ..I think its in his genes to try and take that chance  .. if Mavs are in position to make a coup,e plays they  HAVE to take advantage  .. if they dont they dont win ..  if I was AC I would keep it on ground  4 , 5  or 6 yards at a crack ..Powell cant score if they dont have the ball  .. clock tic tic tic tic 

That's true on the ground. If AC can kill the clock for a while on the ground then at least hold Powell to a punt then AC can light up the aerial for a series and take a lead. Powell usually will make a lot of mistakes the first game the first half but they make up for it and especially if we don't make them pay for a mistake.  Powell is good about getting much better after the AC. Definitely no slight on Powell for mistakes it's why they should play each other. If Powell wins the toss they will take the ball. And Powell will go for it on most 4th downs. So that's what the Mavs probably consider.

2 hours ago, oridgecat said:

Gimme the under.  Just rarely see both teams get 50 points apiece in a 48 min. contest.

Doesn't happen very often.  

But games between two teams with high powered offenses as good as both of these don't happen very often, either.  

Will be interesting, for sure.