Week 1 Knoxville Public

KnoxVil

2 hours ago, blazer1set said:

Bearden was 4-6 last year..... what has changed that dramatically for them to be favored over West?

Blazer, sorta got to agree with you, I look for Bearden to be much improved but West has too many athletes. If it's close it will be because West kills themselves.

On 8/13/2022 at 10:29 PM, chsbobcat09 said:

Agreed on all fronts except 1. West will beat Bearden, Rebels are a VERY good team. Barring injuries they are a Seminal team in 5a. Just my honest opinion 

Bobcat, what's your assessment of this year's Central team? If you're still affiliated with the program I'll understand if there's no comment. 

On 8/13/2022 at 6:57 PM, KnoxVil said:

Week 1

OR over SD by a …..few trickles

too much talent in the Nuclear City

Bearden over West by a …..trickle

Double J and company gonna unleash Shock and Awe

Greeneville over Central by …several trickles

Central gonna Central

Farragut over Beech by a ……trickle 

The Ads seem primed for another 3rd round loss

Halls over Gibbs by a……. trickle or two

The new fella gets his first W and Gibbs won’t play at home this year

Karns over HVA by too many……trickles

The new guy will need 5+ years to become competitive again. Is it confirmed that the former OR QB is enrolled?

PAL over AC by a couple…..trickles or more

AC might keep it close but the defending 5A champs won’t be challenged often this year

Fulton over AE by a ……trickle or 3

Coach Mac gets his tenure started on the right foot…

Webb over Carter by a …….trickle or 2

Look forward to the social media posts this year…

Who you folks got?

Agree with all but Bearden. Saw the Fulton profile picture and realized why you chose them, you can’t actually believe they beat West. 

On 8/15/2022 at 11:54 AM, dawgs82 said:

Bobcat, what's your assessment of this year's Central team? If you're still affiliated with the program I'll understand if there's no comment. 

Let’s just say I know things Dawg. Here’s what I know, Up front you have some experience but lost some key players. Same can be said at WR. RB is the strongest position on offense with FJ returning. Defense isn’t as good as past(No Fortners) but can still get a good rush. Kicking game should be solid. Million dollar question is QB, lost some great ones the past couple years. Two kids are rotating there, one coming from JV and the other converted from Safety on defense. If they settle on one and he performs, could be a good season. If not…..well……No comment. Hope your son is doing well!

From my perch at West High, not only are we healthy, ready, and energized, Coach Brown has these boys locked in ready to take care of business. Lost a handful of players from the 2021 season who will be missed but we have returners ready to step up.  I’m sure @HTV is correct Bearden will be more athletic and it’s the worst kept secret in Knox Co as to why. Saturday will be a glaring reminder that it takes a ball club to win, not an Whitman’s sampler of other schools’ kids.