Could Oak Ridge be the worst team in Anderson County.

GaddyDaddy

1 hour ago, catswild said:

I have no idea who you could be talking about "alot of people that want Coach Cummings to fail"...unless you're talking about the same people who wanted Gaddis to fail...everyone in Knoxville and Clinton! If that's what you mean, then I agree...if you mean people other than that, then please explain

I think he is talking about Cleveland.  Cummings and them were not a good match when he left West to coach there and didn't turn the program around.  Cleveland fans don't like Cummings at all! (Look back at some of the Halls threads when he came back to Knoxville)

1 hour ago, pepvol said:

Anyone thinking Coach Cummings isn't a great coach really hasn't been paying Attention . West under Cummings always played Maryville tough . 

That’s what I’ve always said. His West teams gave Maryville very stiff competition. Granted, those teams were very talented, but we have plenty of talent here in OR to go around too. People get fooled by his time at Cleveland, but that was just a crappy situation all around, and it’s not like any other coach that has coached there since Monroe left has really tore it up by any means either. Cleveland is a tough place to succeed it seems. I mean, look what he did at Halls, with a lot less talent than he’s gonna have at his disposal  at OR. They came within a hair of beating Powell last year, and were in just about every game they lost.

Edited by SweetScience
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, SweetScience said:

That’s what I’ve always said. His West teams gave Maryville very stiff competition. Granted, those teams were very talented, but we have plenty of talent here in OR to go around too. People get fooled by his time at Cleveland, but that was just a crappy situation all around, and it’s not like any other coach that has coached there since Monroe left has really tore it up by any means either. Cleveland is a tough place to succeed it seems. I mean, look what he did at Halls, with a lot less talent that he’s gonna have at his disposal than at OR. They came within a hair of beating Powell last year, and we’re in just about every game they lost.

In this era of football, the weapons at Oak Ridge make it impossible to be unsuccessful. Unless you’re Joe Gaddis. 5-6 skill players that would start on any area team. They should be able to score in bunches, even if the great Winston Russell calls plays from the retirement home. 

Just now, FootballFan4044 said:

In this era of football, the weapons at Oak Ridge make it impossible to be unsuccessful. Unless you’re Joe Gaddis. 5-6 skill players that would start on any area team. They should be able to score in bunches, even if the great Winston Russell calls plays from the retirement home. 

I won’t disagree with that. Honestly, I think Joe lost his fire, and with that lost the whole team. I mean, when you don’t have mandatory workouts, something is badly wrong, and it showed on the field. Credit to him, he knew he had lost it and hung it up. At least he was humble enough to admit that by his action of stepping down.

Just now, SweetScience said:

I won’t disagree with that. Honestly, I think Joe lost his fire, and with that lost the whole team. I mean, when you don’t have mandatory workouts, something is badly wrong, and it showed on the field. Credit to him, he knew he had lost it and hung it up. At least he was humble enough to admit that by his action of stepping down.

He back stabbed Mike Mullins. Wouldn’t really call what he did humble. Oak Ridge would’ve been in better shape to get rid of both Mullins and Gaddis. 

1 minute ago, FootballFan4044 said:

He back stabbed Mike Mullins. Wouldn’t really call what he did humble. Oak Ridge would’ve been in better shape to get rid of both Mullins and Gaddis. 

I don’t know the whole story, so I don’t have the right to talk about it. I’m not gonna drag his name through the dirt when he isn’t here to defend himself. That’s all I’ll say about that. I’m glad a new era is starting up though.

43 minutes ago, FootballFan4044 said:

I agree Coch Russell was great. In fact he is one of the most successful Oak Ridgers of all time. If that is not clearly apparent to you then maybe you deserve a bed in the retirement home.

Your negative comment to Coach Gaddis is also silly Willie like me.

I hope the season turns out well for your team. Mine is going all FOR THE RIDGE!  RWR!