Could Oak Ridge be the worst team in Anderson County.

GaddyDaddy

1 hour ago, WillieTheWildcats said:

I agree Coch Russell was great. In fact he is one of the most successful Oak Ridgers of all time. If that is not clearly apparent to you then maybe you deserve a bed in the retirement home.

Your negative comment to Coach Gaddis is also silly Willie like me.

I hope the season turns out well for your team. Mine is going all FOR THE RIDGE!  RWR!

Wasn’t a negative to Coach Wilson. 

2 hours ago, froshpop said:

SMH

I wouldn't pay attention to this new guy. It is weird but I think I remember when you first came on CoachT you explained you had a son on the team. This was many years ago. I think he didn't play all four years.

Again, don't let trolls bother you especially with OR getting ready to have a great season.

• Upvote 1

19 hours ago, pepvol said:

Anyone thinking Coach Cummings isn't a great coach really hasn't been paying Attention . West under Cummings always played Maryville tough . 

I don't know anything about it... but unapproved website shows the following:

2004 Maryville 49-14

2005 maryville 41-12

2006- maryville 49-12

2007 marvyille 35-21

2008 marvyille 28-6

2009 maryville 38-17

2010 marville 35-6

2011 marville 30-7

2012 marville 47-33

2013 maryville 42-20

2014 maryville 31-16

I'm not sure when he was there, or what years you're refering to, but after looking, I'd sure love for you to expand on your idea.

11 hours ago, WillieTheWildcats said:

Two weeks ago I exchanged e-mails with Coach Gaddis and two of the dogs were sleeping and doing great.

Don't mess with a man's bulldogs using a fake name. It only took you 13 posts to do it.

Did you go on the boys scout trips with Gaddis and Clary? Geez, this is a safe place. He can’t hurt you here. 

24 minutes ago, ILB1999WHS said:

I don't know anything about it... but unapproved website shows the following:

2004 Maryville 49-14

2005 maryville 41-12

2006- maryville 49-12

2007 marvyille 35-21

2008 marvyille 28-6

2009 maryville 38-17

2010 marville 35-6

2011 marville 30-7

2012 marville 47-33

2013 maryville 42-20

2014 maryville 31-16

I'm not sure when he was there, or what years you're refering to, but after looking, I'd sure love for you to expand on your idea.

You gotta keep in mind, those early 2000s teams were very poor teams. Scott didn’t have much to work with. Honestly, before he got there, West was an unknown commodity, in many ways. He was the one to actually put ‘em on the map, so to say. You can see, the longer he was there, the closer those scores became. Albeit, some still weren’t close, but as far as playing Maryville tough in those days, besides Alcoa, of course, and maybe OR (when Blade was there Maryville and OR had a few really respectable contests), I bet Maryville didn’t have a tougher opponent than those West teams, in the greater Knoxville area, that is. I forgot Central, they had some great teams, too.

You gotta remember, some of those Maryville teams were unreal back then. To keep the game within 21 or so was actually a pretty big accomplishment. They were head and shoulders above everyone else. Just my 2 cents.

Edited by SweetScience