Jump to content

Could Oak Ridge be the worst team in Anderson County.


GaddyDaddy
 Share

Recommended Posts

6 hours ago, GaddyDaddy said:

My ranking is the following after watching my boys in the 5 star prep jamboree on facebook. 

 

Anderson County 

Clinton 

Oak Ridge 

 

Really Clinton and Oak Ridge are tied in my opinion. I give Clinton the edge because they have been destroyed for years and luck is bound to fall their way. I just don't believe in this guy that replaced a legend at Oak Ridge. 

 

Anderson County looked good almost better then Greeneville. Would really like to see them play Clinton and Oak Ridge in season next year. 

OR is easily the best team in Anderson County. This appears to be the worst AC team in years. Clinton will be 2-0 because of their patsy schedule and OR will destroy them when they come to the Ship. AC better be glad they don't play OR this year. This OR team is short on linemen but is also loaded with talent. OR is the best team in Anderson County but neither of the other two teams are very good.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

24 minutes ago, bonkers said:

OR is easily the best team in Anderson County. This appears to be the worst AC team in years. Clinton will be 2-0 because of their patsy schedule and OR will destroy them when they come to the Ship. AC better be glad they don't play OR this year. This OR team is short on linemen but is also loaded with talent. OR is the best team in Anderson County but neither of the other two teams are very good.

Good post Bonkers. Best answer to what is really a silly question.

Oak Ridge's QBs play will hit stride, linemen will slowly develop, guys going 2 ways will get some rest as depth improves during the season, our talent level is even betting than most people believe especially on defense and in the kicking game and Coach Cummings and the other Coaches are top notch. 

   

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hard to make that claim since AC doesn't play Oak Ridge or Clinton, so they can't be evaluated head to head.  In Clinton I keep hearing the slow, steady "Year of the Dragon" but we will see on Week 3 here at Blankenship. I do really like what I see is going on with Oak Ridge and the new energy that seems to be in the players and staff. Last year was an odd year and they lost a lot of one score games. I think they flip that record this season. 

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 8/15/2022 at 9:44 AM, WillieTheWildcats said:

Are you being serious or is this a post designed to get under my skin?

I will take it seriously. The Wildcats have responded great to the new coaching and have worked hard. Have a great season G Daddy.

Not designed to get under your skin just an observation. I mean OR hit AC fast with their first score but really after that AC was really doing what they wanted with a much smaller and less depth on their sidelines. That was really what my point was. 

 

The Clinton scoring drive looked good from my end is why I even mentioned them and also that they were going against a power house like Greeneville. They didn't look terribly over match skill wise. Depth wise yes they did look over matched and experience they looked over matched. 

 

AC looked like AC but not my favorite AC team over the past 8 years as far as talent. I don't see them going that far even though i'm close with them and would like to see them have success. 

 

I'm just not buying that this coach is the guy to replace a legend. Kids look the part and play the part but coaches and staff look lost or out of place I can't put my finger on it. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, GaddyDaddy said:

Not designed to get under your skin just an observation. I mean OR hit AC fast with their first score but really after that AC was really doing what they wanted with a much smaller and less depth on their sidelines. That was really what my point was. 

 

The Clinton scoring drive looked good from my end is why I even mentioned them and also that they were going against a power house like Greeneville. They didn't look terribly over match skill wise. Depth wise yes they did look over matched and experience they looked over matched. 

 

AC looked like AC but not my favorite AC team over the past 8 years as far as talent. I don't see them going that far even though i'm close with them and would like to see them have success. 

 

I'm just not buying that this coach is the guy to replace a legend. Kids look the part and play the part but coaches and staff look lost or out of place I can't put my finger on it. 

I'm not seeing it that way at all.  I think Oak Ridge is improved across the board in every area.  I know there are alot of people that want Coach Cummings to fail, but I just don't see that happening.  We are used to everybody in the area pulling against Oak Ridge, that sentiment goes way back.  At least people are paying attention.  

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, oridgecat said:

I'm not seeing it that way at all.  I think Oak Ridge is improved across the board in every area.  I know there are alot of people that want Coach Cummings to fail, but I just don't see that happening.  We are used to everybody in the area pulling against Oak Ridge, that sentiment goes way back.  At least people are paying attention.  

Be shocked if Scott doesn't move the needle in a positive way.  He's a danged good football coach.  If he can get rid of the outside clutter the program will get better and better.  

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, oridgecat said:

I'm not seeing it that way at all.  I think Oak Ridge is improved across the board in every area.  I know there are alot of people that want Coach Cummings to fail, but I just don't see that happening.  We are used to everybody in the area pulling against Oak Ridge, that sentiment goes way back.  At least people are paying attention.  

I have no idea who you could be talking about "alot of people that want Coach Cummings to fail"...unless you're talking about the same people who wanted Gaddis to fail...everyone in Knoxville and Clinton! If that's what you mean, then I agree...if you mean people other than that, then please explain

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, catswild said:

I have no idea who you could be talking about "alot of people that want Coach Cummings to fail"...unless you're talking about the same people who wanted Gaddis to fail...everyone in Knoxville and Clinton! If that's what you mean, then I agree...if you mean people other than that, then please explain

I was thinking the same thing. I would think Oak Ridge fans would have no desire for him to be anything but successful. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

Announcements




×
  • Create New...