Practice

Rebelman51

48 minutes ago, WestTNHoopsFan said:

Hold on a minute. No practice until November and season starts 2 weeks later. You gotta be kidding. out of all the things I have seen on this board that needs change, that is the biggest one. How can a coach get their team ready to play in less than 2 weeks. The T$$AA has to change that. Heck, no wonder coaches are practicing.

The season doesn't have to start two weeks later. Coaches CHOOSE to play Hall of Fame games.

It has been November 1st for 30 years.

1 hour ago, MichaelMyers76 said:

The season doesn't have to start two weeks later. Coaches CHOOSE to play Hall of Fame games.

It has been November 1st for 30 years.

TSSAA sets opening games dates as well, should make first date to play HOF games on November 22.  Gives the teams three weeks of practice before first game.  Conditioning and OPEN GYM supervised by Coaches are allowed up until real Practice begins.  

1 hour ago, Commodorefan said:

TSSAA sets opening games dates as well, should make first date to play HOF games on November 22.  Gives the teams three weeks of practice before first game.  Conditioning and OPEN GYM supervised by Coaches are allowed up until real Practice begins.  

They set the first date you CAN play and the last. You decide where in that spectrum you play. You are not required to play on the first available date.

Edited by MichaelMyers76

2 hours ago, Commodorefan said:

Why not just move the start of practice to october 15th?

Never realized it was a rule.  Guess cause every coach in Carroll, Weakley, Henry, and Gibson Counties practices from the time school starts.  Saw a girl in a restaurant yesterday afternoon decked out in full practice uniform.  Plays for a red and blue team about 25 minutes down the road.  Talked to her a bit and she said she had just left practice.  If coaches are going to cheat, TSSAA should do something about it or just allow practice 365 days a year

3 minutes ago, Rebelman51 said:

Never realized it was a rule.  Guess cause every coach in Carroll, Weakley, Henry, and Gibson Counties practices from the time school starts.  Saw a girl in a restaurant yesterday afternoon decked out in full practice uniform.  Plays for a red and blue team about 25 minutes down the road.  Talked to her a bit and she said she had just left practice.  If coaches are going to cheat, TSSAA should do something about it or just allow practice 365 days a year

You or anyone else can turn them in. Call the TSSAA and let them know.

25 minutes ago, WestTNHoopsFan said:

not allowing the next sport to start practice until the regular season of one sport ends is not smart at all.  Makes zero sense.

I never said I liked it, but I understand the why behind the rule.  I bet when they made the original rule/calendar that more kids played football and basketball.  Sadly, we have fewer multi-sport athletes than we used to