Oneida @ Greenback

Spike016

9 minutes ago, Spike016 said:

Just all kinds of punishment. Please don’t tell me we were out coached? 

Their defense out coached our offense by a long shot. Our defense played very flat but we most certainly had opportunities to put this one away. No excuses they just hung around and gave themselves a chance at the end and then made the plays when they had to. They’re offense is their biggest weakness if they can get that straightened out they’ll be a very tough team. Unfortunately in my opinion they’ll have to change head coaches to do that. Or he’ll have to find enough sense to listen to the staff he has around him.

Edited by crow
  • Sad 1
  • Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, crow said:

Their defense out coached our offense by a long shot. Our defense played very flat but we most certainly had opportunities to put this one away. No excuses they just hung around and gave themselves a chance at the end and then made the plays when they had to. They’re offense is their biggest weakness if they can get that straightened out they’ll be a very tough team. Unfortunately in my opinion they’ll have to change head coaches to do that. Or he’ll have to find enough sense to listen to the staff he has around him.

Makes us look that much more worse 

4 minutes ago, pujo said:

Call me shocked Crow. Then again you never know in a rival game.

Players played without emotion, play calling was much more vanilla than last week our defense did not play with any energy. Greenback came to play and handed out an “L” and we carried it home. Just got beat. 

Edited by crow
  • Sad 1

Well back at the barn and I’m gonna wrap this game thread up by saying thank you to @orngnblk and @GFD709SHREK for hosting me. I had a great time seeing y’all as alway. Thank you both. @Gbnation and @ladykee thanks for the parking spot and for not selling my car lol. Also to all the Greenback folks on the sidelines thanks for allowing me to watch the game with y’all again. I always enjoy that. 

I had a long drive back by myself and thought about something a lot. Oneida high school football has forgotten how to win. I’m not talking about in general but I mean how to close the game when it’s all on the line. Looking back over the last several years not just the last few but going way back we seem to nearly always fall short in these late 4th quarter down by a few with 2 or 3 minutes left to go. I’m not sure when the last one of those was that we actually pulled off. There was a time that was right in our wheel house. That time has passed. Hopefully we re-learn that someday. I’m tired, maybe stats tomorrow, I’m hitting the bed. And one last time to Greenback congratulations, y’all just simply out played us tonight. 

Edited by crow
  • Like 1