Clarksville Northeast Eagles (2-0) (0-0) vs Springfield Yellow Jackets (2-0) (0-0)

4 minutes ago, MJGOLDENBEARS said:

Unfortunately, so much wasted talent across the mid tn area due to bad parenting/coaching/etc etc… 

but hey congrats to the Jackets. Tbh not sure I’ve seen a better start for a 5a team. Knox West has been pretty solid with their results as well.

Northeast has some athletes that can play at any school.  It was a shame to watch them vs the Jackets.  We were so much more disciplined 

14 minutes ago, TheCommissioner said:

Northeast has some athletes that can play at any school.  It was a shame to watch them vs the Jackets.  We were so much more disciplined 

Clarksville is pretty much a “metro” city with dang near 160k people….. and that’s just the legal documented population …lol with an area like that it’s hard to find a good staff that can handle Troubled kids as such. Not sure why but it’s just reality.

3 hours ago, MJGOLDENBEARS said:

Clarksville is pretty much a “metro” city with dang near 160k people….. and that’s just the legal documented population …lol with an area like that it’s hard to find a good staff that can handle Troubled kids as such. Not sure why but it’s just reality.

Northeast seems to have a new coach EVERY YEAR. It’s hard to build continuity with constant staff turnover 

7 hours ago, TheCommissioner said:

NE #22 always impresses me with his play. watched him play last year as a sophomore at their place and sat next to some of his family in the grass seemed like nice folks. It’s a shame with his ability and NE size across the field they aren’t any better. With halfway better blocking #22 could be all state at RB

6 minutes ago, Poundtherock23 said:

NE #22 always impresses me with his play. watched him play last year as a sophomore at their place and sat next to some of his family in the grass seemed like nice folks. It’s a shame with his ability and NE size across the field they aren’t any better. With halfway better blocking #22 could be all state at RB

Agreed, kid is a phenomenal player... 

7 minutes ago, Poundtherock23 said:

I agree on 22. He showed glimpses of  quickness and speed lastnight. Jackets defense did a good job of keeping him from breaking big runs, he was certainly capable of.

21 minutes ago, Poundtherock23 said:

He got the majority of the yards on his own. He just wouldn’t go down 

8 hours ago, MJGOLDENBEARS said:

Unfortunately, so much wasted talent across the mid tn area due to bad parenting/coaching/etc etc… 

but hey congrats to the Jackets. Tbh not sure I’ve seen a better start for a 5a team. Knox West has been pretty solid with their results as well.

I agree on the wasted talent. With open enrollment, so I heard, in metro im sure most of the best talent flocks to certain schools imo. 

Im impressed with Jackets start so far. Defense looks to be as strong or stronger than last year to this point. Offense looks to be more exciting with a bunch of experienced play makers. I expected to start 3-0 but wasn’t expecting to drill NE like that. Our biggest test comes at the end of the month against Henry Co and Beech back to back. HC is more important but I take the Beech game serious as well. Jackets have Wilson Central next wk and I expect payback with a 30+ pt win.