Rhea Co @ McMinn Co.

Rhea Co.

58 minutes ago, BrushCreek said:

GO CHETOKEES!!!! 43-14!!!! Not even close. AND without Jaden Miller!!! For all the obnoxious Rhea fans and there are a lot, how does your cocky “we are the best” crow pie taste

I am a Rhea County fan.  That doesn't make me better or worse than you.  I cheer for my team thru thick and thin.  I picked us to win tonight by 7.  We got drilled.  That's pretty much it.  At least we can admit that it's going to be a LONG year for the Eagles.  Congrats to McMinn on the big win and good luck the rest of the year.

1 hour ago, BrushCreek said:

GO CHETOKEES!!!! 43-14!!!! Not even close. AND without Jaden Miller!!! For all the obnoxious Rhea fans and there are a lot, how does your cocky “we are the best” crow pie taste

Congrats Cherokees on the win and a likely first round home playoff game.

BrushCreek, Who on here has said anything cocky or been obnoxious to you??

11 hours ago, BrushCreek said:

Just remember friend...........Pride comes before the fall.  Enjoy your win............but stay humble.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Eagle57 said:

Just remember friend...........Pride comes before the fall.  Enjoy your win............but stay humble.

Sorry for one of our fans  being snobby. That isn't all of us. Glad my kees  got the good win. Bout embarrassing how some people act on here when it comes to high school sports.

• Like 4

In all honesty Rhea County is a class act when it comes to all things football. To be quite honest I as a McMinn fan was shocked that not only we pulled out the win but especially in the way we did. And ESPECIALLY with J Miller getting hurt and going out early in the game. I didn’t think we had a plan B if that happened especially against a team like Rhea. My comment was wrong saying cocky. One said Rhea in a blowout. We have a good defense so we should be able to keep games close. Another brings up officiating when it seems like we lead the state in penalties. It’s all good tho. Love HS football it’s the last bastion of amatuer football really. Rhea fans and football program are quality all the way around. Always strong. I apologize for grouping a couple of comments I didn’t agree with to everyone.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, BrushCreek said:

In all honesty Rhea County is a class act when it comes to all things football. To be quite honest I as a McMinn fan was shocked that not only we pulled out the win but especially in the way we did. And ESPECIALLY with J Miller getting hurt and going out early in the game. I didn’t think we had a plan B if that happened especially against a team like Rhea. My comment was wrong saying cocky. One said Rhea in a blowout. We have a good defense so we should be able to keep games close. Another brings up officiating when it seems like we lead the state in penalties. It’s all good tho. Love HS football it’s the last bastion of amatuer football really. Rhea fans and football program are quality all the way around. Always strong. I apologize for grouping a couple of comments I didn’t agree with to everyone.

I'm glad you apologized. Something we should all remind oursevles of is to not gauge the majority opponents' fan by one (or more) people on a message board.  It's easy to get caught up in the moment of an unexpected big win and attack the other fans who predicted a win for their team. 
I've always liked McMinn's series against Rhea County because I know both teams will make it a game. I've seen some great battles between them, especially in the late 1980's. I played high school ball against Rhea's late coach Bill Horton, who was coaching the Eagles then. He and McMinn coach John Mullinax were both tough disciplinarians and teachers of the game, so you knew the games would be epic.
Interesting trivia: Rhea County is McMinn's second oldest rivalry. The Cherokees are 35-28-5 against them. Coach Cagle is 7-5 against them. 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, blitzinbuc said:

I'm glad you apologized. Something we should all remind oursevles of is to not gauge the majority opponents' fan by one (or more) people on a message board.  It's easy to get caught up in the moment of an unexpected big win and attack the other fans who predicted a win for their team. 
I've always liked McMinn's series against Rhea County because I know both teams will make it a game. I've seen some great battles between them, especially in the late 1980's. I played high school ball against Rhea's late coach Bill Horton, who was coaching the Eagles then. He and McMinn coach John Mullinax were both tough disciplinarians and teachers of the game, so you knew the games would be epic.
Interesting trivia: Rhea County is McMinn's second oldest rivalry. The Cherokees are 35-28-5 against them. Coach Cagle is 7-5 against them. 

Is that counting the games before spring city and Dayton consolidated to make just 1 school?