DRAGONS @ WILDCATS

92Dragon

1 hour ago, Rwrbigcat said:

Not trying to stir anything up at all, but both of the teams you mentioned are not good. WB could not move the ball on any of the teams in our 7 on 7 and our teams scored most every series. As far as the other things mentioned, I believe the team will be better this week and while I can’t say that some positions might be better for Clinton, it’s the playbook and play calling will have to improve for us to put up big points. The boys can only run the plays that are called. And at this point, the playbook needs to be opened. Our last drive at Bearden was the best and it was when we were spreading the field to give room for our backs to run and weren’t getting killed on the line.  The talent at OR is overall better and believe the game will be close but OR will get the win at home. 

All I'm saying is William Blount rushed for 148 yards against Karns and AE rushed for 171 against Fulton.

So apparently Clinton's defense is at least better than Karns and Fulton's lol.

5 minutes ago, 92Dragon said:

All I'm saying is William Blount rushed for 148 yards against Karns and AE rushed for 171 against Fulton.

So apparently Clinton's defense is at least better than Karns and Fulton's lol.

Yes I’d say that is true. Fulton on the other hand also has a very bad defense front and are extremely small. The offense is pretty good though. 

Edited by Rwrbigcat

2 hours ago, catswild said:

I'll take a few of your points one by one and address them. You are right about Bearden...they will NOT be a force in 6A this year (not a chance in the world).  Sharp isn't great but when the game was on the line he put the ball right in the receiver's hands while on the move...not bad in that pressure packed moment. I put no stock at all in what a few high school players say about their coach. How many state titles has West one since Cummings left? I'm not saying he's a great coach...we'll see about that over the next few years, but I sure wouldn't rely on high school football players to tell me how good a coach is or isn't. I would give the edge to the Clinton QB as well...not so sure about the playbook though. I haven't really seen Clinton other than highlights but I hope you're right about the OR d line and defense being better. Running back definitely goes to OR and I don't care who Clinton has at running back. You better be careful pressuring that Clinton QB...we better mix it up because when we pressure him and he runs, that could spell trouble for OR unless we contain him...we might rather see him throw than run, but you're right, he can't have too much time to throw. No way OR loses this game. Even with the OR injuries, OR has way too much talent and speed for Clinton, and I'll bet you the OR kicking game is way better than Clinton's. I'll take OR coaching over Clinton's coaching too. If Clinton's staff was all that good, they would be coaching at OR, where most of them are from!  Oak Ridge 24 - Clinton 13

Does that mean that Bearden has a better coaching staff and team since they beat Oak Ridge? :popcorneater:

12 hours ago, oridgecat said:

Hey 92, I heard your coach had decals made of himself to put on the youth league helmets.  Now, I didn't make that up, I swear.  Could that actually be true?  Say it ain't so!:lol:

Actually, my wife made orange fedora helmet stickers for my sons 7 year old little league football team. He loves the Dragons and anything coach Keith. The kids love them and get them for making tackles etc.. 

• Like 1

Our Cats are wounded and its not a good time to be playing Clinton.I remember how Clinton really thought they was going to beat Oak Ridge after we come in 0-2 I think last year.Ive not got to watch Clinton play this year but unlike most years they actually have some big weapons.Sounds like they got some really good transfers so maybe that is why non Clinton people are even picking them.Having a big advantage at QB goes a long way and until our guy gets some more reps its not close right now.With all the injuries at the wrong spots equals bad news for the Cats,Rogers is one of the best CBs in the whole state and he will miss the Clinton game again like last yr,He has some good college offers even after missing most of last yr and now going to miss time this yr.I really believe he can get even bigger offers if he can come back in time.I had 4 ints in my whole high school career.He had 3 in under 2 qtrs.I just want wildcat fans to stay behind this team because they are so well coached and built for the long run.The kids are bought in and if we stay behind them no matter what this thing will be rolling by end of year and as long as this staff stays at Oak Ridge.I hated missing Beardon game live and cant wait to be back at the best place to watch high school football in TN.Just for record my kids have never been alive when we lost to Clinton and hope it stays that way.

5 minutes ago, DragonWagon said:

Actually, my wife made orange fedora helmet stickers for my sons 7 year old little league football team. He loves the Dragons and anything coach Keith. The kids love them and get them for making tackles etc.. 

Are you being serious or joking?Probaly joking  but I use to get skull and crossbones stickers in lil league which was fun

7 minutes ago, DragonWagon said:

There's actually a current Oak Ridge player that is fond of Coach Keith and it wouldn't surprise me if he transfers to Clinton next year just so he can play for Keith.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, STILLNUM1 said:

Are you being serious or joking?Probaly joking  but I use to get skull and crossbones stickers in lil league which was fun

No I'm not joking that's what my son wanted. We do the crossbones and pancake stickers also. It was just something that he came up with. They all loved it.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, KnoxVil said:

No way this is true ORC!!!

Its true, the decal is of the head coach with that hat he wears on the field.

Warning to Cat fans that just assume we will beat Clinton.  Go and watch this years Clinton team.  They have got some dudes now.  Speed, size and athleticism that we are not used to seeing for Clinton.  I have to admit, they have been impressive thus far.  

Edited by oridgecat

1 hour ago, oridgecat said:

Its true, the decal is of the head coach with that hat he wears on the field.

Warning to Cat fans that just assume we will beat Clinton.  Go and watch this years Clinton team.  They have got some dudes now.  Speed, size and athleticism that we are not used to seeing for Clinton.  I have to admit, they have been impressive thus far.  

Keith got dat gravy train hooked up?

• Like 1