DRAGONS @ WILDCATS

92Dragon

7 hours ago, oridgecat said:

Not trying to argue Cats, just for discussion.  question:  you thought we had superior talent on the field last friday?  (I'm talking about on the field, not on the roster) If you honestly believe that, then you and I watched two different football games.  Their front seven were huge and experienced.  Our OL has 2 freshmen and a 3rd team tackle.  More talent on the field?  No way.  

I sure hope you are right about Clinton, but seriously, it's a bad time for this matchup.  With our starting secondary on the sideline (yes all four of them) and those stud transfer receivers that Clinton has, not a good matchup for us right now.  Unfortunately there is additional attrition to our OL this week.  It's not good.  I think we can win, but it's gonna be tough.

Sent you a message. 

5 hours ago, olecotton said:

He has I have been in the office/practice when he has. No call back. 

Cotton,

I don't know what year it was, but, AC beat OR at AC when Coach Kerr was there. The following week, a rumor started in OR that Coach Lussier had refused to sign another 2 year contract with AC which irked me.

I happened to run into Ron Brown at the west end Weigel's in OR, he was still AC's AD.

I asked Ron if Lussier refused to re sign and he laughed out loud and said, "no, Larry beat you guys and he will never play OR again, he's going out a winner against you".

We have not played since that season, so I know you guys want to play OR again and it was and would be a fun rivalry, but, it was on your side that it stopped. If Larry had not done that, we'd have played every season since then.

If you think I'm lying, I think Ron is still alive, contact him to see.

I suspect OR will end up signing a new contract with AC here in a year or 2, but, that's a guess.

4 hours ago, Mavericksinflight said:

Bearden is rough but we have to play them like we did SH I am sure Coach will try and score early and often as Bearden has too much depth to have boxing match going on into a 4th quarter. 

Bearden right now is a tough team without a lot of athleticism. Next couple of seasons, they'll be about like Powell is right now. I saw that against OR's JV and freshman games. Josh is recruiting like he always does and watch Powell head south after this season.

If AC plays good, you'll beat them. You guys have it going on right now and have a much more prolific offense, IMO.

2 hours ago, 92Dragon said:

You're exactly right!  Special teams lost that game for us last year in my opinion.

No doubt. Worst punting I have ever seen in my life. OR would get a stop and pretty much take over the ball close to there. Great example of the value of STs.

11 minutes ago, ipb7 said:

Cotton,

I don't know what year it was, but, AC beat OR at AC when Coach Kerr was there. The following week, a rumor started in OR that Coach Lussier had refused to sign another 2 year contract with AC which irked me.

I happened to run into Ron Brown at the west end Weigel's in OR, he was still AC's AD.

I asked Ron if Lussier refused to re sign and he laughed out loud and said, "no, Larry beat you guys and he will never play OR again, he's going out a winner against you".

We have not played since that season, so I know you guys want to play OR again and it was and would be a fun rivalry, but, it was on your side that it stopped. If Larry had not done that, we'd have played every season since then.

If you think I'm lying, I think Ron is still alive, contact him to see.

I suspect OR will end up signing a new contract with AC here in a year or 2, but, that's a guess.

OR/AC have played 4-5 times since Kerr was there. They beat us once in 2013, I think. The red headed Rocket Matt Fox was the running back for them on that team. 

1 minute ago, SweetScience said:

OR/AC have played 4-5 times since Kerr was there. They beat us once in 2013, I think. The red headed Rocket Matt Fox was the running back for them on that team. 

Well, that's what getting old does to your mind. The rest of that story is accurate, ha!

3 hours ago, 92Dragon said:

Who is Josh Jones? Is he a country music singer? Lol

Bearden's HC. Where ever he goes, kids follow him from various Knox County jurisdictions. It's legal, too as long as they declare in middle school.  

Knox County was made for a recruiter like Josh. Fulton is awesome, then he moves to CAK. CAK gets good, then to Powell, PHS gets awesome, then to Bearden and I can vouch he has a ton of kids that do not live in Bearden playing JV and freshman ball. They have a lot of upcoming talent and will be good.

Problem for Josh is Maryville long term.

13 minutes ago, ipb7 said:

Bearden's HC. Where ever he goes, kids follow him from various Knox County jurisdictions. It's legal, too as long as they declare in middle school.  

Knox County was made for a recruiter like Josh. Fulton is awesome, then he moves to CAK. CAK gets good, then to Powell, PHS gets awesome, then to Bearden and I can vouch he has a ton of kids that do not live in Bearden playing JV and freshman ball. They have a lot of upcoming talent and will be good.

Problem for Josh is Maryville long term.

I was just kidding I know him...they scrimmaged Clinton back in the Spring.

You're right about that! I know of a couple of young players Bearden has for sure that are going to be amazing!!

• Like 1

For Clinton to beat Oak Ridge usually 2 things have to happen.Oak Ridge has to be a below avg Oak Ridge team.And Clinton has to have enough non Clinton players to help the roster.I think Oak Ridge will be better than a below avg Oak Ridge team by end of yr but not right now with the injuries.So the stars are aligning for the dragon wagon. It would really be fun to play Clinton in the playoffs.Has that ever happened?

• Like 2