DRAGONS @ WILDCATS

92Dragon

1 hour ago, STILLNUM1 said:

Its been great to read and hear the Clinton fans cry all day.The 2 main Clinton guys on here seem like good dudes but most of the Clinton fans are the worst.Ran that mouth all week and just knew they was gonna win.Then wanna cry and blame refs after you get beat straight up by a team missing key players.I understand it must suck to get owned by your rival every year but you think they would get use to it.Those same loud mouths on social media that was so confident are now crying and throwing a fit because they look stupid.Hopefully this will be a learning experience and yall will learn to just shut up and play.If I lost to somebody that much I wouldnt have the nerve to say anything.And I know the Clinton fans want to cheer on their team but quit buying all the bs your coaches are selling.The Clinton coach should do the right thing and send his boy to Oak Ridge so he can get a ring.That kid can play and as good as Ive seen around here for his size

Yea, the Clinton posters on here are class acts, for sure. Neither one ever make excuses and I respect that a lot. I just ignore all the rest. The kind you speak of are in every fan base.

Edited by SweetScience

12 hours ago, Turtle said:

No you didn't call AE sorry!  Come on now, AE is still a playoff team starting 0-3 you can bet your money on that.  And you're right all of AE players are at Bearden, SD, Fulton, Powell, Clinton, OR ,etc... You name any school they have a player or 2 zoned for AE at that school.  That's FACTS!

Catholic has a few AE players to if they all went to AE like they’re suppose to AE would be great. AE got a great hire for basketball coach just need to do the same for football to keep them boys there because they’re dominating little league they need to keep them all together but i do get why they move them to other schools  

13 hours ago, 92Dragon said:

Clinton just lost that game straight up. I hate losing to Oak Ridge more than anyone, but it just came down to Oak Ridge wanting it more and Clinton getting out coached. 

Both teams played their tails off and I thought it was a great rivalry game. 

It was a great rivalry game. OR just found a silver bullet late on the stack formation and I re watched the game, I think the CHS D was tiring there late in the 4th quarter.

On the controversial 4th down spot, is the player down when his head hits? If so, the spot was super close, if not, he got a 1st down by at least 1'. I do not know the rules on that.

Anyway, next time we play in OR you  need to come early and let's have a cold one at Crafter's Brew, I ran into a CHS couple( dude played in 82) Friday and we had fun talking about old times.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Turtle said:

We didnt say started at AE we said zoned for AE .  Now OR may be the inly school that doesnt have a zoned player for AE.  

OR doesn't.  In Knox County, you can live across the street from AE and if you declare in middle school, you can legally play anywhere in Knox County. Can't do that and play here, you either move here or fork out around $6000 per year tuition.

23 hours ago, ipb7 said:

OR doesn't.  In Knox County, you can live across the street from AE and if you declare in middle school, you can legally play anywhere in Knox County. Can't do that and play here, you either move here or fork out around $6000 per year tuition.

Learned something new today, I didn't know OR made you pay tuition .  But you are clearly correct, there is a current player that do live across the street from AE but goes to another KCS school haha.  

13 minutes ago, Turtle said:

Learned something new today, I didn't know OR made you pay tuition .  But you are clearly correct, there is a current player that do live across the street from AE but goes to another KCS school haha.  

It's high unless you live in Anderson or Roane county, then it's around $3500. > $7K if you live outside, this is 2018 data so it's higher now:

OAK RIDGE SCHOOLS (ortn.edu)

56 minutes ago, ipb7 said:

It's high unless you live in Anderson or Roane county, then it's around $3500. > $7K if you live outside, this is 2018 data so it's higher now:

OAK RIDGE SCHOOLS (ortn.edu)

Yeah, to be honest, OR has never benefited much from transfers. Of course we have the typical transfers who move in like every other school, but no one in their right mind is gonna pay 7 grand, unless mommy and daddy are living REALLY high on the hog.

On 9/2/2022 at 7:01 PM, froshpop said:

This is going to be a long post for me; I'm trying to get it done before the game starts. Who is FroshPop? He sure as heck isn't Joe Gaddis. The Joe Gaddis I know wouldn't fool with this and if he did his screenname would be Joe Gaddis. I liked Joe when he came to OR the first time and consider myself a supporter. I supported most of the OR coaches in between. I couldn't get on board with a couple of them so remained neutral. My wife and I are way too old to have had a freshman player. Heck, that's why he had to quit after his freshman year because I had no I idea what was going on at practice, etc. and couldn't pretend to know. I have defended Joe because he is the winningest coach in OR history, he has the last championship, and he went to state the year before he retired. Yeah, he made some wrong calls on the field. What coach doesn't?  I like his fire, his love of OR football, and his willingness to talk to anyone. But some of you were constantly bashing him on here. The ones that I got fired up at were the posters I knew who acted much differently to his face and that ignorant Opie whose only job was to bash Gaddis personally. If he really is a Clinton guy, why isn't he blowing up the threads at their prediction to win? 

EVEN IF YOU SKIPPED ALL THE REST, READ THIS PART AND DECIDE FOR YOURSELVES. I DON'T PLAN TO COMMENT ON IT AFTER THIS.

I got frustrated with all the AC talk so I called Gaddis. Here's the story. I didn't record it or take notes like a journalist, so if you question any part of it, call him yourself.

I don't remember the year, but Joe and Davey had a verbal agreement to play. Joe was still looking for games to round out the schedule so he called DG to confirm the date. At that point, DG told him he was not going to play them because he had told Jefferson Co he would play them (I guess the dates were the same or something). He went on to tell Joe that JC's coach was a friend of his, he wasn't going to let him down, yada, yada. Joe was pretty pi.... and that's how we ended up playing Mount Juliet ( a long way to go to play a really good team). It was next to impossible to find someone who wanted to play and had the same opening date since DG hadn't even bothered to tell Joe until he called to confirm.  Ironically, JC -I know the year now because I just looked it up-was 4 and 6(2018) the year before AC scheduled them and were 3-7, 0-10 the next two years when AC played them. Seems to me like DG made a good call for himself. Time for the next scheduling cycle, AC does call when it's time to do a new schedule and Joe said he did tell them no. He had to schedule someone who would honor their agreement and not leave them hanging if they decided they had another friend with a lousy team who needed a game. That last sentence is my words. I take it Joe did not talk to them kindly and has no respect for a Coach who cannot honor a verbal agreement and leave him in that predicament again. So I'm also assuming he has no reason to want to return their call. Davey is a man of the cloth and if confronted would have to  confirm this...with his spin on it, I'm sure. Joe was matter-of-fact when I called him. He didn't elaborate on his feelings, but I thought I detected a lot in his tone. I choose to believe Coach Gaddis. You do what you want. If you want confirmation, give him a call.

I no longer live in OR, but I love OR football. Hope we win tonight.

Well lets make it happen next year its obvious everyone on here wants to see us play them.