recruiting...1A/2A posters

theawesomebro

1 minute ago, theawesomebro said:

gotcha.  I guess I was looking back for when LA was in there.   they played milan for the title in 98 as well as a bunch of others in the 00's

Yes. I was at that game in ‘98. Shaub, the Mr. Football rb for Lipscomb, was a stud. We were lucky to contain him. That was a great game. I enjoyed those old title games at Vandy. 

On 8/29/2022 at 6:05 PM, theawesomebro said:

I feel like the 1A/2A message board is the busiest and those folks are super passionate.  a lot of our schools are the same size.  lots of private school kids act and dress like they are from the country.  have you ever seen the parking lot at CPA or LA?  lots of giant trucks.  I am confident they will feel at home!!  let's recruit some of them to come liven up our message board!!  we can give out NIL contracts to the best ones!  

who's in?!?!?!

I’m a small town guy that has roots at 2A East Robertson and Springfield. Hands down the best atmosphere is in 2A . Small towns have nothing else to do!! Springfield atmosphere is good at home but not to many away games. Every 2A away or home game is fun. Nothing beats small town like you said

• Like 1

3 hours ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

Yes. I was at that game in ‘98. Shaub, the Mr. Football rb for Lipscomb, was a stud. We were lucky to contain him. That was a great game. I enjoyed those old title games at Vandy. 

I went to church with him back then.  great guy all around.  I wish the title games were still local...

2 hours ago, CCLHL08 said:

I’m a small town guy that has roots at 2A East Robertson and Springfield. Hands down the best atmosphere is in 2A . Small towns have nothing else to do!! Springfield atmosphere is good at home but not to many away games. Every 2A away or home game is fun. Nothing beats small town like you said

I grew up in franklin co and friday night football was everything!!  I think LA games have a small town feel to a degree.  lots of kids playing outside the endzones and a 100 yard race with the kiddos at half.  it's the best I have seen in the city.  : )

34 minutes ago, theawesomebro said:

I went to church with him back then.  great guy all around.  I wish the title games were still local...

I grew up in franklin co and friday night football was everything!!  I think LA games have a small town feel to a degree.  lots of kids playing outside the endzones and a 100 yard race with the kiddos at half.  it's the best I have seen in the city.  : )

It doesn't hurt that y'all have folks like Cheryl Crow as free entertainment pregame!

You silly sweatervesters you can't buy this type of passion. This stuff comes from joining the flag team because you see how cool your big brother/cousins are in that sweet jersey on Friday. It comes from those inevitable auxiliary games on Friday nights when you all came to watch but your buddy brought a football! (Just til halftime mom I swear). This stuff comes from driving all the way out to a game you might otherwise skip but it's your sophomore family members first start! Guys if you can ever put a price on wearing the same jersey some of the people your closet to and looked up to most as a kid....and God Willing see your son wear that same one too...well that's when you'll see me on McLellan Rd on Friday nights. 

10 hours ago, WarEagleCartman said:

You silly sweatervesters you can't buy this type of passion. This stuff comes from joining the flag team because you see how cool your big brother/cousins are in that sweet jersey on Friday. It comes from those inevitable auxiliary games on Friday nights when you all came to watch but your buddy brought a football! (Just til halftime mom I swear). This stuff comes from driving all the way out to a game you might otherwise skip but it's your sophomore family members first start! Guys if you can ever put a price on wearing the same jersey some of the people your closet to and looked up to most as a kid....and God Willing see your son wear that same one too...well that's when you'll see me on McLellan Rd on Friday nights. 

You might want to come to McClellan road more often.  You have never seen 5th and 6th grade kids light up because a high school football player comes to watch them play.  Get a scouting report of who will be the future stars from the tackle football games in the end zone on Friday nights.

My son wore the blue just like I did and his uncle did.  He graduated with multiple kids that their fathers played for USj before it was USJ.  In elementary, he had a poster of the USJ quarterback proudly hanging in his room.  So do not give me that more passion stuff.

• Like 3