Final Results 

100lb-

Vivian Mariscal (Overton) dec Shyanne Michalski (Northwest) 7-1

182lb-

Aiden Brenot (Clarksville) dec Omaury Alvarez (Baylor) 5-3

152lb-

Max Norman (Dobyns Bennett) maj dec Micah Tisdale (Baylor) 9-1

170lb-

Jake Stacey (Green Hill) dec Wyatt Gibbs (Brentwood)

120lb-

Cooper Hilton (Boom Ranch) maj Ethan Uhorchuk (Signal Mtn)

145lb-

Logan Fowler (Cleveland) pin Hunter Sturgill (Baylor) 6:00

106lb-

Ollie Phillips (Baylor) dec Sebron Colson (Blackman) 5-3 in OT

113lb-

Jojo Uhorchuk (Signal Mtn) maj dec Jacob Bond (Baylor) 9-0

132lb- 
Nate Askew (Baylor) dec Jarvis Little (Summit) 6-5

126lb-

Caleb Uhorchuk (Signal Mtn) dec Bentley Ellison (Cleveland) 4-2 in OT

138lb-

Landon Desselle (Summit) dec Logan Paradise (Baylor) 6-5

45 minutes ago, oceansize42 said:

Most surprising result?  Brenot over Alvarez and Fowler with the pin on Sturgill. Nicely done. Public putting it on private.  Norman was the favorite but good point spread.  Phillips and Askew return the favor.  Ellison loses a close one.  A little surprised on that one.   

This early in the season it’s difficult to tell what is happening because so many of the wrestlers are not in wrestling condition.  Wrestle these exact matches at the end of the season and don’t give anyone weight allowances and the results may be very different. 

7 minutes ago, cbg said:

This early in the season it’s difficult to tell what is happening because so many of the wrestlers are not in wrestling condition.  Wrestle these exact matches at the end of the season and don’t give anyone weight allowances and the results may be very different. 

These are guys that never stop wrestling. They are in wrestling shape, this is late in the season for them. 

9 hours ago, Biffmar4 said:

These are guys that never stop wrestling. They are in wrestling shape, this is late in the season for them. 

That interesting that these guys never take a break when even elite world class athletes have a training program with designed breaks.  Just to confirm that what I was already thinking I spoke with one of the owners of Young Guns Wrestling Club and they recommend that the wrestlers that train with them take off and not train after Fargo until after Labor Day.  The response was that it prevents both mental burnout and overuse injuries.  Not as much in PA but in Iowa a high percentage of the high school wrestlers also participate in football during the fall and track & field during the spring.  

Edited by cbg

19 hours ago, cbg said:

There are always excuses.  I'm not being mean or a smart #### but there always is.  Little injuries, burnout, bad nights sleep, out of shape, illness, weight cut, etc, etc, etc, ad nauseum.  The results speak for themselves.  This wasn't a required event, they had ample notice, ample training time, and all  have plenty of coaches and training partners.  You know how wrestling is.  If you signed up then come prepared, or don't sign up.   With all that said could every one of these matches go different the next time? Absolutely because every kid on that card is stupid good.  In the end I love that these kids are chasing competition.  I do agree with your other thoughts on time off and I hope these kids take a break from the grind.   

• Like 1

11 hours ago, cbg said:

That interesting that these guys never take a break when even elite world class athletes have a training program with designed breaks.  Just to confirm that what I was already thinking I spoke with one of the owners of Young Guns Wrestling Club and they recommend that the wrestlers that train with them take off and not train after Fargo until after Labor Day.  The response was that it prevents both mental burnout and overuse injuries.  Not as much in PA but in Iowa a high percentage of the high school wrestlers also participate in football during the fall and track & field during the spring.  

Guess you just have to define “break”. The guys I know that wrestled in wno and that have wrestled with me, may have taken a few weeks off after Deep South and Fargo, but they weren’t out of wrestling shape and looked prepared based on what I saw.   When I say “Never taking a break” I’m just saying they didn’t stop wrestling in February. They’ve been wrestling all spring and summer. 

• Like 1