JCM

GrumpyBulldog

10 hours ago, Hallsguy said:

Heard he is going back to Bolivar but just to teach. I have heard there is some issues with that they were told when they took the job at JCM. 

They were promised the moon and the DOS couldn't stand behind what he said. The coaches hired were told that they'd only coach their respective sport, no classroom duties, more money than their counterparts at the other schools in the system, and that they would have free reign to hire anyone they wanted as their assistants (new school, and the faculty was not in place yet). Imagine you're a basketball coach at South Side...you've won multiple district/region titles, been consistently ranked in the state, done very well at Murfreesboro, and you personally have received multiple "coach of the year" awards from your peers and the media. Are you happy that your DOS "creates" new positions (director of basketball operations) with larger salaries than yours, and no other responsibilities, just because he wants JCM to succeed in eclipsing your program? 

1 hour ago, tradertwo said:

They were promised the moon and the DOS couldn't stand behind what he said. The coaches hired were told that they'd only coach their respective sport, no classroom duties, more money than their counterparts at the other schools in the system, and that they would have free reign to hire anyone they wanted as their assistants (new school, and the faculty was not in place yet). Imagine you're a basketball coach at South Side...you've won multiple district/region titles, been consistently ranked in the state, done very well at Murfreesboro, and you personally have received multiple "coach of the year" awards from your peers and the media. Are you happy that your DOS "creates" new positions (director of basketball operations) with larger salaries than yours, and no other responsibilities, just because he wants JCM to succeed in eclipsing your program? 

JMCSS seems to be in a downward spiral. At this rate, in 10 years there may not be a worthy athlete in the entire system 

2 hours ago, 731Ball said:

JMCSS seems to be in a downward spiral. At this rate, in 10 years there may not be a worthy athlete in the entire system 

They had lofty goals for JCM, just didn't account for the folks at Madison, North Side, South Side, ect.. figuring that fairness and equality would need to be considered. Just my personal opinion, but you need to take care of those loyal to you who have proven their worth ahead of obtaining the "shining star" to top the tree with. 

It hasn't been many years back since Liberty Tech was the "new toy". State titles and success in athletics and acclaim for Ag and FFA programs has recently turned into a source of shame through sheer neglect from the system...the football program gave a great account of themselves in the championship game not too long ago, and they've managed to be arguably the worst program in West Tn. since, by letting a series of great coaches walk away to better systems just because of a lack of support.

Edited by tradertwo
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, Dash said:

Is SS down?

I watched SS several times last year and they started 5 seniors. North Side will be better than them but they graduated their top guys too. South Gibson will also be better than SS and honestly, they may win that District. Liberty will be a little better but probably still bottom of that district. 

1 hour ago, WestTNHoopsFan said:

I watched SS several times last year and they started 5 seniors. North Side will be better than them but they graduated their top guys too. South Gibson will also be better than SS and honestly, they may win that District. Liberty will be a little better but probably still bottom of that district. 

I don’t know about all that… south side being down is not like other schools being down. They are still the team to beat until somebody bears them. They have won 5 or 6 district championships in a row

On 9/7/2022 at 8:59 AM, OldSportsGuy said:

I don’t know about all that… south side being down is not like other schools being down. They are still the team to beat until somebody bears them. They have won 5 or 6 district championships in a row

District titles are nothing to hang your hat on when the district is weak. South Side does well until they run into teams that don't turn the ball over.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, warmachine7954 said:

District titles are nothing to hang your hat on when the district is weak. South Side does well until they run into teams that don't turn the ball over.

I don't agree with that at all. They have played in back to back state championships and were undefeated going into state tournament when covid stopped everything. I'm saying they won't be as good this year but they have been one of the best teams in the state for a while now. 

On 9/12/2022 at 11:16 AM, WestTNHoopsFan said:

I don't agree with that at all. They have played in back to back state championships and were undefeated going into state tournament when covid stopped everything. I'm saying they won't be as good this year but they have been one of the best teams in the state for a while now. 

Their district is one of the weakest in the state and AA has been the worst class in the state for years. Just because you win games doesn't mean you're good. The schedule is weak and the film says it all. The SS vs NS film is nothing but a bunch of eurostep layups with no help defense by either team. 

They pressure bad teams into turnovers and get easy baskets because they're more athletic and usually bigger. That's 6th grade rec league ball at its best. That's not basketball.