F5 comes ovur tha creik two tha littull fellurs

STARSNBARS

37 minutes ago, REBELRON said:

Next year will be rough. I bet the starting quarterback will be Will Jones.  He is younger brother of former Maryville quarterback Carson Jones.  Will is Maryville Junior High starting quarterback.  Will is really good. A bigger problem is Maryville doesn't have any difference makers at receiver. 

Yeah, not having difference makers at receiver is a glaring problem this year. Maryville always has at least one playmaker at WR. I guess that’s why they throw to the backs out of the backfield so much, but it’s a liability against any good team. As the year goes on, and as Alcoa did last night, teams are going to sit on those routes in the flat. 

hate Booger missed this contest and the unicorn event....one of the top friday night rivalry contest environments Booger ever layed witness to.....sure the those Aluminum City Goons and them diehard Reblers that layed out the red carpet for the photo ops and signaturin would say that was why.....

....and the next 364 days of smackin starts all over

Booger just sayin :mrgreen:

Edited by Booger

11 hours ago, MJGOLDENBEARS said:

We will be just fine. Worry about Bearden, and bradley. No chance against Ravenwood, or Oakland

I have zero connections to Maryville, so I won't be worrying about anyone.  But I respect the heck out of them and their program.  They are the Alabama of 6A high school football......a dynasty.  They have 17 state championships.  Oakland is the equivalent of Georgia or Ohio St.  They have 6 championships.  Maybe in 2 or 3 decades you can come back and brag about Oakland having a better history than Maryville.  But until then, it sounds like you should be the one worrying that Maryville will beat Bearden and Bradley Central

17 minutes ago, TinPigskin said:

I have zero connections to Maryville, so I won't be worrying about anyone.  But I respect the heck out of them and their program.  They are the Alabama of 6A high school football......a dynasty.  They have 17 state championships.  Oakland is the equivalent of Georgia or Ohio St.  They have 6 championships.  Maybe in 2 or 3 decades you can come back and brag about Oakland having a better history than Maryville.  But until then, it sounds like you should be the one worrying that Maryville will beat Bearden and Bradley Central

Thank you for the kind words. Ole George is a troll and likes taking pictures of young boys. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, MJGOLDENBEARS said:

Tough pill to swallow for Maryville fans, I just said the same thing the following week. They wanted to deflect and change subjects. Lol 

You're like a little Child , no one from Maryville is Cocky or arrogant like you were a couple years ago when you talked smack all year long only to disappear for a full year because you looked so foolish . Maryville has up and down years just like every team , but the difference is with Maryville even on a down year they are dangerous . 

Unlike a few of my fellow Maryville fans I'm not ready to jump off a Bridge anytime soon . To be honest I had a few very positive thoughts about the Game last night . Our Defense played much better than they did against Farragut . We buckled down and stopped Alcoa several times and we definitely had a chance to win the Game at the end , a TD and extra point would of had us at 21-20 . Noah Vaughn proved once again that he is one of the best Running Backs to ever play at Maryville high School ... he was the best player on that field last night ... We definitely Blew up at the end of the Game and it wasn't just one player , it was a total team fiasco including the Coaches . Our Coaches have a great record of usually pulling the right strings in situations like this and definitely deserve the benefit of the Doubt and I think we will learn from our mistakes . Being positive about your Football team , especially when it's Maryville high School , doesn't mean you have your head in the sand or don't understand our team might have some weaknesses ... It just means as a Maryville fan we have seen some remarkable comebacks during the last 20 plus years ... to be honest , I haven't thought Maryville was going to lose a game beforehand for over 20 years . 

In 2010 Alcoa beat us and Maryville went on to win the 6A State Championship that year . Losing to Alcoa is something that nearly every other team in our State would also do ... nothing to be ashamed of . Being a winner isn't just how you react after a win ... being a real Champion is how you react to a loss . A hater like Mjgoldiebear will never understand that as a Maryville fan some of my proudest moments were when we actually lost a game . I've always mentioned how proud it's made me watching our boys run out on the field as a team and proudly hold that second place trophy up in a State Championship game . I've seen other teams react horribly , throwing helmets , not even going to get that trophy . 

To the Alcoa fans , Congratulations on your great Victory and thanks again for creating another Awesome Chapter in the Maryville Alcoa Rivalry . It truly was a great game and I must say for anyone who wasn't there , the atmosphere before the Game was completely off the Charts ! Standing room only and packed 10 deep in some places , and the Army Golden Knights show was one of the most spectacular scenes I've ever witnessed on that Football field , the members carrying the Alcoa and Maryville flags and then the Game ball was Amazing !!

• Like 3

2 hours ago, GREYRIDERx said:

Im going to bow out at this time because (write this down) im gonna not say whats on my mind right now about some of the "MARYVILLE faithful" as it seems that many have forgotten protocol .  GO REBELS! 

Yeah I can’t understand why a true fan would get on a message board or any social media platform and air out weaknesses of their team or injuries. They must be a few cards short of a full deck. 

• Like 1