Fayetteville (City) comes to Upperman

UCSportsFan

The better team definitely won tonight. Upperman has holes and our one dimensional. We have to pass the ball better. Fayetteville had the biggest players I have ever seen for a 1a school. You can definitely tell there is some recruiting at that school. Every high school does that tho. If Fayetteville is not recruiting players there definitely something in the water there. There size just wore us down. I can’t blame a kid that wants to go play for the best team in the area. I would do the samething if I was a kid honestly. Good luck to Fayetteville the rest of the year. You definitely have a good team. I don’t see any team in 1a beating you 

No excuses or bs recruiting, Fayetteville was better. Bigger, stronger, and faster. No reaching for excuses. They get players the're not suppose to is so played out. With the core of UHS Jr's  the freshman needs to be worked into the QB position.  I see Macon and Stone with a good shot against this UHS team. Macon is on a roll. 

Edited by UpperCumberlandMan

2 hours ago, Potter46 said:

The better team definitely won tonight. Upperman has holes and our one dimensional. We have to pass the ball better. Fayetteville had the biggest players I have ever seen for a 1a school. You can definitely tell there is some recruiting at that school. Every high school does that tho. If Fayetteville is not recruiting players there definitely something in the water there. There size just wore us down. I can’t blame a kid that wants to go play for the best team in the area. I would do the samething if I was a kid honestly. Good luck to Fayetteville the rest of the year. You definitely have a good team. I don’t see any team in 1a beating you 

Not recruiting at all. Fayetteville is in lincoln county which has 1a fayetteville and 5a lincoln county so all the good  football players go to fayetteville because county has sucked for the longest

19 minutes ago, tiger355 said:

The big guys on the team have all played together since they were around 6 years old. 52, 59, 56, 55, 9, 3, 14, 8, 16, 1 just to name a few. Recruiting didn’t build this team. Years of dedication did that. 

There’s a lot more to add onto that too. The c/o 23 class has lost 8 games since 3rd grade..

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Potter46 said:

You are absolutely wrong about recruiting by City.  Be careful what you accuse other programs of doing, especially when you have no information to back it up and data shows exactly the opposite.  

99% of FHS players are “City lifers,” having been with us since Kindergarten or pre-K.  

Being a “City lifer” is something the students - athletes or not - take great pride in.

With all due respect, I’m not saying this as “a guy in the stands.”  I’ve been on the City School Board for 20 years.  

These young people love their school and obviously give their all every week preparing for every game.  

God has blessed them with many talents, and when these 16 seniors graduate next May, 17 Fayetteville Middle School 8th grade football players will move up as freshmen and begin working to maintain the high standards as FHS student-athletes.  (Lots of other talented non-football players will move into FHS as well.)  

Frankly, no recruiting is necessary at City, and we absolutely do not and would not allow it.

Edited by MC4FHS
  • Like 4