H2O @ Dekalb County

TigerDaddy

12 minutes ago, H2Oman said:

You know I’ve thought about that 2020 game quite a bit and TC’s RB got a lot of credit for that win, but the real hero for TC that game was their center. 

He was able to get to the second level and take our LB out the whole game. Without him TC never wins that game!

Mason Brasford was his name I believe. He was the best o lineman I’ve seen play in the last 5 years in 2A 

1 minute ago, Mottomotto said:

Mason Brasford was his name I believe. He was the best o lineman I’ve seen play in the last 5 years in 2A 

I can’t disagree with you!

He definitely was taking care of business that night. H2O had a stud lb who was really fast, so to have a center with that kind of athletic ability to get to the second level and take care of a kid like that says something!

The kid definitely should’ve got the game ball that night!

27 minutes ago, H2Oman said:

I can’t disagree with you!

He definitely was taking care of business that night. H2O had a stud lb who was really fast, so to have a center with that kind of athletic ability to get to the second level and take care of a kid like that says something!

The kid definitely should’ve got the game ball that night!

I was amazed he ended up at Lindsey Wilson,  he was about 6’2” and if he was 6’4” theirs no doubt in my mind he was a Power 5 type guy. He was big athletic and strong as an ox.

Gavin Webster: “We’re not tackling well; we’re not blocking well. Those are really issues we’ve got to get corrected. If you watch that game in the second half, especially in the fourth quarter, we weren’t blocking well, and we weren’t tackling well. We’re tired, which isn’t an excuse. Everybody’s tired…We didn’t finish.”

77 yards of total offense. 23 points given up in the 4th quarter. 14 points given up in less than one minute… twice. 

Honest question - are the current players not capable of a better performance? Or, are they not being coached to their potential?

I know this current batch of players is not a good as the player from the past 6 years or so. All those players played in the youth league together since they were 6 and 7 years old. Frankly they didn’t need much coaching. So I honestly don’t expect undefeated seasons from the current players.  That said, is the current team playing to their potential? And if not, why?

1 hour ago, biggest said:

BTW  "Tina the tiger" down at midnight express had more moves than #15!  

Idk go back and watch that last punt return the kid has got moves. I got video of his moves we need video of Tina the Tiger from last night to compare. I heard you and makingsense2u had some good moves when the raid happened and y'all left roundlickronnie behind .

3 minutes ago, Neanderthal said:

Gavin Webster: “We’re not tackling well; we’re not blocking well. Those are really issues we’ve got to get corrected. If you watch that game in the second half, especially in the fourth quarter, we weren’t blocking well, and we weren’t tackling well. We’re tired, which isn’t an excuse. Everybody’s tired…We didn’t finish.”

77 yards of total offense. 23 points given up in the 4th quarter. 14 points given up in less than one minute… twice. 

Honest question - are the current players not capable of a better performance? Or, are they not being coached to their potential?

I know this current batch of players is not a good as the player from the past 6 years or so. All those players played in the youth league together since they were 6 and 7 years old. Frankly they didn’t need much coaching. So I honestly don’t expect undefeated seasons from the current players.  That said, is the current team playing to their potential? And if not, why?

Pee wee football doesn't mean anything when they get in HS. Who cares about pee wee. Here is an honest question how many of these kids actually got playing time at any point before this? I am talking about playing time special teams etc? 

2 minutes ago, kingofthenorth said:

Pee wee football doesn't mean anything when they get in HS. Who cares about pee wee. Here is an honest question how many of these kids actually got playing time at any point before this? I am talking about playing time special teams etc? 

Not many! Agree pee wee and even  Jr high doesn't translate to high school.  

10 minutes ago, kingofthenorth said:

I count maybe 2 on each side of the ball, and special teams combined maybe 5 tops.  I agree with you on pewee, as for Jr. High, thats an issue in H20 ville.  

18 minutes ago, Katdaddy said:

Idk go back and watch that last punt return the kid has got moves. I got video of his moves we need video of Tina the Tiger from last night to compare. I heard you and makingsense2u had some good moves when the raid happened and y'all left roundlickronnie behind .

I had some great footage of that little gal from last night.  Or at least I think gal...nevertheless...I believe the officers erased it before getting my phone back.  Biggest did you ever find your keys?  

30 minutes ago, kingofthenorth said:

Have to agree to disagree here somewhat. H2O for years did not have any kind of Junior Pro as where TC and Gordy did, so I’ll go back as far as the 90’s. Kids were just getting taught how to tackle when they got to Watertown Junior High as where TC and Gordy kids were past that point and actually starting to learn schemes.

We were behind the eight ball and it showed!

If you don’t think H2O picking up Junior Pro football in the mid 00’s hasn’t helped this program you’re wrong.

Now with that being said… it doesn’t always mean that the success a kid has in Junior Pro is going to translate to the high school level. Kids simply may not grow, burn out, etc…

But, without a doubt in my mind H2O picking up Junior Pro football has had an astounding effect on the product you see on the field on Fridays!

Edited by H2Oman