South Pittsburg vs Murphy (stone man against this Watson man)

Roy Dillard

4 hours ago, CastIronHero said:

It’s never the coaches though right lol Especially when they are family and friends. As of now there has been 0 adjustments made.

I think adjustments were made we held them to 6 points in the second half. 

4 hours ago, CastIronHero said:

Prob need to do that at wideout too. We have an all state track runner and he’s touched the ball two times all season.

Surely coaches know to get him the ball if we are talking about the same kid that got thrown OUT OF THE GAME. Guess he won’t get the ball next week either. 

4 hours ago, powerp said:

And Heath did an excellent job as DC last year. But it helped tremendously having two man childs on the d line in Gio and JoJo

Yes having those 2 completely change the dynamic of a game. I believe it would have stopped the bleeding a little earlier if we did have something like that IMO 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mbdfan said:

Probably will now that Laney is out for the season with a broken leg. A shame because they were building some real momentum.

South Pitt had some athletes and talent but I was expecting much much more after all talk on here to be completely honest. I truly dont think they want any part of a good Murphy team. 

This isn’t a great SP team but the talent is about the same as years past at least for the last 6/7 years. This OL is probably the the worst since 2014 when we got beat by copper basin in the 2nd round lol. Bulldogs lived in our QB face all night and the only saving grace was getting the ball out kick and his legs. When 5 can’t block 3 you don’t win very many games I don’t care how many points you can score. 

2 hours ago, oneyewilly said:

Congrats to you guys on the win tonight.  Line play was the difference and I had a feeling we would lose that battle. If we had been playing the last 15 years there would have been several good football games and probably a very good rivalry. Hope you guys have a safe trip back to NC and goodluck the rest of the season. 

Yes I would like to see a battle with a more seasoned OL/DL. Previous Murphy teams would have beat our team tonight by 60. 

1 hour ago, TyroneBiggums said:

Sounds like I was spot on. I figured y’all would struggle with them up front. I saw some on the CCS game and y’all are small up front after losing some dudes last year. Keep slinging that rock though. That offense will give y’all upper hand come November. Hopefully some of that youth will grow up come playoffs. I think y’all will win out now. I’m just keeping it real 

+1

4 hours ago, LethalAttack said:

I think adjustments were made we held them to 6 points in the second half. 

Surely coaches know to get him the ball if we are talking about the same kid that got thrown OUT OF THE GAME. Guess he won’t get the ball next week either. 

Yes having those 2 completely change the dynamic of a game. I believe it would have stopped the bleeding a little earlier if we did have something like that IMO 

They clearly don’t know how to get him the ball and I know exactly why he doesn’t get it. But I won’t say much more on that. Having a line would have helped us a ton. I agree. 

it does seem that some adjustments were made, so I was glad to finally see that but would liked to have seen them earlier. 

2 minutes ago, Gbnation said:

The RB is Adams. Yeah they are big on wrestling. 

Yeah my old high school has been battling Robbinsville in wrestling these past few years but getting the best of them. Robbinsville might be the team to beat in the conference. Swain is looking good so far this year and Andrews has a really good team this year.

4 minutes ago, Appvol said:

Yeah my old high school has been battling Robbinsville in wrestling these past few years but getting the best of them. Robbinsville might be the team to beat in the conference. Swain is looking good so far this year and Andrews has a really good team this year.

I went and watched Robbinsville Friday and they ran all over them and they were without their fullback and middle linebacker.