South Pittsburg vs Murphy (stone man against this Watson man)

Roy Dillard

Line play at SP is y’all’s downfall right now. A blind man could see it. Very impressed with the QB but y’all’s skill isn’t what it was last year however, it’s much better than I originally thought it would be. Measuring stick in the East in regular season is Whitwell. Clay County and Gordonsville is only other teams that have a chance to unseat y’all in the East. Cornbread capital will be alright. CCS week was apples to oranges talent wise and this week it was a great program that knows how to win and doesn’t beat itself. I’m just keeping it real.. Btw how many Seniors is on this SP team? 

Edited by TyroneBiggums
  • Upvote 2

23 minutes ago, CastIronHero said:

This team can be fine in East. 

Just for fun I went and read some old locked threads. SP posters have labeled some teams in the past as “undisciplined” and a “team coaches have no control over” and they have jewelry.

Just look at where we were around this time last season. Dade last year wasn't  as good as Murphy and NJ wasn't close.    Pirates will be just fine need to keep working and get better every week. There's a lot of season left. All I know is I would rather lose a dog fight against a good football team than beat Grundy by 50. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

Just now, oneyewilly said:

Just look at where we were around this time last season. Dade last year wasn't  as good as Murphy and NJ wasn't close.    Pirates will be just fine need to keep working and get better every week. There's a lot of season left. All I know is I would rather lose a dog fight against a good football team than beat Grundy by 50. 

Much agreed. We had some kids grow up last night and it will make them a lot better. 

44 minutes ago, orngnblk said:

The sky isnt falling yet Chicken Little you will still win the east and get one of those balls.No other team over here is a Murphy not close!

Old Pirate got to watch the whole game and youth is everywhere. The regular SP posters yap, as usual bout discipline while they openingly verbally attack teenage young men wearing the jocks. This team has potential to grow, the complete overhaul continues. Hopefully the team can clean up mistakes common to inexpensive & youth. The matchup was exactly what it was tagged to be for the entire 4 quarters. Congrats to Murphy on the “W” & taking home the bacon. The Pirates proved to be a worthy competitor displacing a never quit attitude & effort throughout the fued. Continued efforts & improved discipline will yield a chance to reach loftier goals. Some SP posters would be ejected for unsportsmanlike conduct, Ifin coacht was officiated like game officials. It is shameful how many constantly bash the players actually suited up doing the fighting. Each snap of the ball is like a street fight, which doubtful many complainers ever were good at. Regards to all the players dedicated enough to strap it up. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, OLD PIRATE said:

Old Pirate got to watch the whole game and youth is everywhere. The regular SP posters yap, as usual bout discipline while they openingly verbally attack teenage young men wearing the jocks. This team has potential to grow, the complete overhaul continues. Hopefully the team can clean up mistakes common to inexpensive & youth. The matchup was exactly what it was tagged to be for the entire 4 quarters. Congrats to Murphy on the “W” & taking home the bacon. The Pirates proved to be a worthy competitor displacing a never quit attitude & effort throughout the fued. Continued efforts & improved discipline will yield a chance to reach loftier goals. Some SP posters would be ejected for unsportsmanlike conduct, Ifin coacht was officiated like game officials. It is shameful how many constantly bash the players actually suited up doing the fighting. Each snap of the ball is like a street fight, which doubtful many complainers ever were good at. Regards to all the players dedicated enough to strap it up. 

Unsportsmanlike penalties can be a easy fix. Well said!

34 minutes ago, OLD PIRATE said:

Good post

1 hour ago, OLD PIRATE said:

It’s funny too, because the ones constantly bashing players never played a snap of football. Just keeping it real! 

I want to congratulate Murphy on the win last night. Very well coached team and player's were ready to play. Great fan's also. Sure hope and pray the young man hurt last night heals fast. I just watched there team as they came out and they reminded me of the older days when SP use to come out with there game face on and all this hoopla we see now wasn't on the field. But, I'm older and I guess times have changed. I still love my school and Pirate's though. 

• Like 1

One last comment on this game and I'll shut up about it. OMG, did I say shut up? I might offend someone!! LOL.. But, the ref crew last night had to be in the top 5 of the worst crews to ever call a game at SP. It was on both sides, not just one. They were lost on the field and all the yapping could have been avoided if the head ref had stepped in and did his job early on.  But, what do you expect now, can't get refs as it is, so we're stuck with what we get. 

3 hours ago, Appvol said:

Yeah my old high school has been battling Robbinsville in wrestling these past few years but getting the best of them. Robbinsville might be the team to beat in the conference. Swain is looking good so far this year and Andrews has a really good team this year.

I think Andrews may win the SMC this year. That Amos kid is legit. The SMC is as tough as it gets from little league all the way to high school.