Oak Ridge against Farragut

bounder

They're always tuff and seems like they always have a big ole tight end usually # 44 some reason. And a good QB and a Good running back. Like Stars says I'm gettin scared our little ole skinny boys are in for a hard nite! But Coach Scott will have them up for the game no doubt!

I think everybody likes to hate on The Farr-A-Gutless Admirals.

WILDCAT PRIDE

43 minutes ago, BarneySox2007 said:

Thanks, I knew one of you would be up. This is interesting game, after we jumped out 21-0 they came back for the rest of the game and ate up all of our cheese and drank up all of our wine for a 28-20 spurt for them which ended 41--28. If Farragut plays like they did on that 28 point spurt their going to be tuff to handle.

What happened differently in that spurt? Big plays? Turnovers?

Thanks for any insight 

Ahhhh Nut you know there ain't no hate! We're just having some fun, that's a whole lot better than what we had last week with those other guys, from over to Clinton. We always get a good game from Farragut and sometimes they let us win! I've hassling with you folks for about 20 years here on "The T"!  That being said do you all want Boones Farm and Amurican Cheese this year? Might have some Velveeta can't afford much more. lol

WILDCAT PRIDE  

• Like 1

This game is almost always a good one. Last year was heart stopping that last two minutes.  I don’t know much about OR this year. For Farragut, it comes down to defense and particularly whether the front 7 come to play or not. I feel like our DB’s are at least decent but it’s tough to say for sure because we haven’t been tested a ton in regards to a pass game and I feel like OR’s receivers are probably the among the best we’ll see all year.  So Friday should be a test for them. 
Whoever’s  lines do their jobs is going to be in the driver’s  seat as both teams have good skill players. O line is not super consistent for us and from what I’ve heard its the same for OR.  Both teams maybe have some guys out in that department  so hopefully everyone is back for Friday. Farragut’s pass game can be really good, IF the O line gives QB time. Farragut’s D line has struggled with the run game. Both teams’ QB’s seem kinda green but capable so QB decision making will play a role and both O lines will really need to protect their guy. Basically it’s a winnable game for either team. We’ll just have to see who shows up healthy and ready to play and who makes the least mistakes. Farragut needs to clean up some in the needless penalty dept. This is one of those rivalries where nothing shocks me. A close game, a lopsided game either way, literally anything can happen. If I had to bet though, I’d bet on a close one. 

Edited by Bluegreymom
Spelling

2 hours ago, Bluegreymom said:

This game is almost always a good one. Last year was heart stopping that last two minutes.  I don’t know much about OR this year. For Farragut, it comes down to defense and particularly whether the front 7 come to play or not. I feel like our DB’s are at least decent but it’s tough to say for sure because we haven’t been tested a ton in regards to a pass game and I feel like OR’s receivers are probably the among the best we’ll see all year.  So Friday should be a test for them. 
Whoever’s  lines do their jobs is going to be in the driver’s  seat as both teams have good skill players. O line is not super consistent for us and from what I’ve heard its the same for OR.  Both teams maybe have some guys out in that department  so hopefully everyone is back for Friday. Farragut’s pass game can be really good, IF the O line gives QB time. Farragut’s D line has struggled with the run game. Both teams’ QB’s seem kinda green but capable so QB decision making will play a role and both O lines will really need to protect their guy. Basically it’s a winnable game for either team. We’ll just have to see who shows up healthy and ready to play and who makes the least mistakes. Farragut needs to clean up some in the needless penalty dept. This is one of those rivalries where nothing shocks me. A close game, a lopsided game either way, literally anything can happen. If I had to bet though, I’d bet on a close one. 

Good post Bluegreymom,

I would select Farragut to win but Oak Ridge certainly is capable of winning. OR needs to get some healthy players back.

I really believe that OR will have to open up the playbook to win. So far it’s been a very vanilla offense and the defense has been playing great. Offensive line play for OR was improved this past game, however, we have to get healthy there too. Our snaps were still very low most of the game and one that went 15 yards over the QB head. It hurt not having #7 and #1 and we need to get #13 back in the offensive production.  We have to allow players to make plays. While OR didn’t have many drives last Friday night we had a few penalties that hurt again. If we can get healthy and open up the playbook we should be ok. We also can’t wait until 5 seconds to call a play that has motion in it. Surprised we didn’t have more delay of game penalties. Overall this game will be a close one unless one team Ol/dl dominates.