Tennessee AP 5A Poll

BruiseBrother98

26 minutes ago, eers said:

Thanks. I would say teams that have limited regular season success should lighten up on the out of region games. Perhaps build some confidence, build some winning tradition/school spirit, get more kids out, and THEN look at scheduling tougher opponents. No sense in scheduling opponents that you know are going to beat you down, just to say you play a tough schedule. 

I agree 100%. Being a Springfield fan, I do wish they would drop the Wilson Central/Rossview game and add one of the Nashville privates back on like MBA, Father Ryan, JPII etc. They would be great opponents and still bring a fairly good gate.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, blazer1set said:

I realize that Powell is down right now, but their losses have been to 2 very good teams (Maryville and Anderson County).    Maryville and AC are probably going to demolish most teams they play this year.     Not saying Powell should be in the top 10, I guess with 2 losses it's hard to put them in there now, but my gut feeling is that they are still a solid contender.   Perhaps someone closer to Powell's program can comment with more insight...

Injuries have plagued Powell since game 1.  QB1 has not played in the first 2 games (went out in first quarter of AC game second drive).  Played Karns (week 3) without there 3 top WR.  When Powell gets healthy they will be just fine.  Run game for Powell has looked very strong.  So when they get all there players back they will be a tough out.  Better to be banged up early than late, IMO.  

15 minutes ago, keepitmoving said:

Injuries have plagued Powell since game 1.  QB1 has not played in the first 2 games (went out in first quarter of AC game second drive).  Played Karns (week 3) without there 3 top WR.  When Powell gets healthy they will be just fine.  Run game for Powell has looked very strong.  So when they get all there players back they will be a tough out.  Better to be banged up early than late, IMO.  

I agree. Healthy Powell is 1 or 2.