MARSHALL COUNTY hosting TULLAHOMA

Chiledeme

10 minutes ago, PercyPeabody said:

Total whipping 42-7. I wonder where Tullahoma goes from here? Creekwood at home next week isn't going to be a walk in the park.

Tullahoma scored first and It was 14-7 at half and should have been 7-7 at half but a muffed punt gave MC short field.  The score got away in 3rd quarter….I don’t believe it was as bad of a whipping as score sounds.  While MC has some playmakers, I was not impressed with there overall play, we shall see how good they are over the next few weeks.

• Sad 2

14 minutes ago, TTownFan50 said:

Tullahoma scored first and It was 14-7 at half and should have been 7-7 at half but a muffed punt gave MC short field.  The score got away in 3rd quarter….I don’t believe it was as bad of a whipping as score sounds.  While MC has some playmakers, I was not impressed with there overall play, we shall see how good they are over the next few weeks.

It was as bad as it sounded. Tullahoma's only sustained drive of the second half came on a targeting penalty and a pass interference late in the fourth quarter when it was running clock. Marshall's defense absolutely lived in the backfield in the second half.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, southernmidtn said:

Coach Sisk said in the postgame interview 10 players didn't dress out, including Chadwick the kicker.  If they don't get improvement out of the offensive line, and the defensive secondary, Tullahoma  will be lucky to go 4-6, this year. I think Tullahoma misses longtime offensive line coach Mo Torres, who retired last year.

Any idea how long the non-dressed guys will be out? Was it like a one game suspension or something worse? 

1 hour ago, southernmidtn said:

Not rumors, confirmed from a relative who has  a son  that is on the team.   Not known why the players were suspended, and exactly how long.  Coach Sisk was interviewed after the game, and he wouldn't comment on the situation.

I was just saying that some possibly receiving 50 day suspensions was a rumor. There are definitely players being suspended like you said. We just haven't been told why, for how long, and exactly how many players. This is tough to deal out with it being midseason. 

On 9/14/2022 at 9:18 AM, southernmidtn said:

This was a quote, copied and pasted from the  Tullahoma News about the suspension.

10 Wildcats were ineligible to play in the tilt due to disciplinary reasons. The reason for the discipline and the length of their ineligibility has not been revealed by the program and a spokesman for the school system said only that once the school administration became aware of “a concerning situation”, an internal investigation was launched and law enforcement was contacted. The school system would not comment on the specifics of the situation.

Obviously something very serious going on. Tullahoma plays Creek Wood this week at home, and then have to go  to Pearl-Cohn after that.  The second half of the season the schedule is more favorable, worst case scenario I see Tullahoma going 3-7, unless they improve a lot

If Tullahoma gets beat tonight they will miss the playoffs.  4-6 or 3-7 for sure.  

14 minutes ago, southernmidtn said:

As it looks now, your probably right a loss to tonight will make it tough for them. Looks like Pearl-Cohn and Marshall County  are the two best teams in the region, Greenbrier third best. Tullahoma, Creek wood, and Lawrence County  for fourth place. 

I am not sure that Greenbrier is the third best team in the region. Creekwood almost beat Marshall County.  Position 3 & 4 are certainly up for grabs.  

2 hours ago, southernmidtn said:

Anytime a team loses 20 starters from 2021, and dealing with suspensions, playoffs chances are going to be slim. Right now Tullahoma has no offense, worst offensive team I have seen in a long time.

And I don't know of many programs that are not going to struggle losing that many seniors, that are not going to struggle. Look at Summit, they lost a lot of players from last years Blue Cross Bowl, and are struggling. There not as bad as Tullahoma, but there down this year.

I totally agree with you. I just hope Tullahoma fans and parents are realistic. It's going to take some time to build things back up especially with a new head coach. It may never get back to that point. What Tullahoma had last year was a special thing. 

20 minutes ago, southernmidtn said:

They play Pearl Cohn next week, no doubt a heavy underdog. Pearl -Cohn drilled Lawrence County last night 55-7. Second half of the season is more favorable, will be favored  against Hillwood , and Glencliff, and  have a chance to beat Montgomery Central, and Lawrence County. Some of the players that have missed will be back.

Good to hear that some will be returning. I didn't know if these 30 day suspensions counted each and every day or if it had to be 30 school days.

I definitely see them beating Hillwood and Glencliff, but I believe as you do the other two mentioned opponents will be toss ups. Not sure what to make of Lawrence Co. I really thought they'd play Pearl closer. Maybe Pearl is becoming what we all expected them to be from the jump. Just took them a minute to get everything together and rollin'.