MARSHALL COUNTY hosting TULLAHOMA

Chiledeme

On 9/17/2022 at 8:44 AM, southernmidtn said:

Anytime a team loses 20 starters from 2021, and dealing with suspensions, playoffs chances are going to be slim. Right now Tullahoma has no offense, worst offensive team I have seen in a long time.

And I don't know of many programs that are not going to struggle losing that many seniors, that are not going to struggle. Look at Summit, they lost a lot of players from last years Blue Cross Bowl, and are struggling. There not as bad as Tullahoma, but there down this year.

Most of these kids played at least a full Q or a half every game last year.  They probably have more game time experience then most teams in the state.  They were tested all year in practice by the best team in the state on the Scout team side.  They should be better.  When you have guys suspended for Locker room play that goes back to  Who is watching the locker room the players or coaches?  You don't fire John Olive for having rough years because he had been there for a long time and successful but..... I do not really see Tullahoma being that competitive again for a long time.  They have always ran in cycles but this is bad.   The Creekwood game looked like a middle school game.  Very hard to watch!

This type of effort leads to kids quitting, going to baseball or basketball.  Fans not showing up to games and a program dropping off and  tough  to dig yourself out of it..  Similar to the way Tennessee has had to find their way back after a lot of poor years.  

Edited by Cakeman
  • Like 1

On 9/17/2022 at 11:29 AM, southernmidtn said:

They play Pearl Cohn next week, no doubt a heavy underdog. Pearl -Cohn drilled Lawrence County last night 55-7. Second half of the season is more favorable, will be favored  against Hillwood , and Glencliff, and  have a chance to beat Montgomery Central, and Lawrence County. Some of the players that have missed will be back.

It’s been a crazy season so far. I knew ttown would be down some but sometimes winning is contagious and the young guys step up. I think I originally had them 4th behind GB,PC and Marshall” No order”

Look people the right Man was hired for the job period. The team lost 22 seniors name a school that can or has lost that and come right back locked and loaded without cheating. Coach Olive himself said Coach Sisk was the reason for our season last year. He literally gave him credit. So stop it with the would this situation happen under Coach olive YES it would've. Did they hire the right man YES THEY DID. Its easy to be keyboard warriors and kick a team while they're down. But the experience gained this year from all of the juniors, sophmores, and even freshman will create a better team in the coming years. We have 9 seniors, that's it. So yes we will struggle, no it won't be a storybook year but ya'll aren't being realistic either. One thing i do know is we went 15-0 and won a state championship when we were supposed to. None of the teams we played last year can say that. These young guys work hard day in and day out to get better and they're growing. Funny thing is your team won't win it this year without all of the obstacles we have here. But yet you won't talk about that, its all about kicking a young team while we're down. But just like last year we don't care what you have to say, Coach Sisk is teaching them about more than football, holding them accountable and doing a great job under these circumstances. And the sons support him 100% and also will tell you he is the man for the job. So quit spending so much time worrying about us and make sure team will even competes for a gold or silver ball this year. Because if you don't make it there and compete then your in the same boat as us with nothing. Everybody knows so much but are really clueless!! Have a great day 

5 hours ago, Fawhy said:

Look people the right Man was hired for the job period. The team lost 22 seniors name a school that can or has lost that and come right back locked and loaded without cheating. Coach Olive himself said Coach Sisk was the reason for our season last year. He literally gave him credit. So stop it with the would this situation happen under Coach olive YES it would've. Did they hire the right man YES THEY DID. Its easy to be keyboard warriors and kick a team while they're down. But the experience gained this year from all of the juniors, sophmores, and even freshman will create a better team in the coming years. We have 9 seniors, that's it. So yes we will struggle, no it won't be a storybook year but ya'll aren't being realistic either. One thing i do know is we went 15-0 and won a state championship when we were supposed to. None of the teams we played last year can say that. These young guys work hard day in and day out to get better and they're growing. Funny thing is your team won't win it this year without all of the obstacles we have here. But yet you won't talk about that, its all about kicking a young team while we're down. But just like last year we don't care what you have to say, Coach Sisk is teaching them about more than football, holding them accountable and doing a great job under these circumstances. And the sons support him 100% and also will tell you he is the man for the job. So quit spending so much time worrying about us and make sure team will even competes for a gold or silver ball this year. Because if you don't make it there and compete then your in the same boat as us with nothing. Everybody knows so much but are really clueless!! Have a great day 

Yours truly,

Ed Orgeron 

• Upvote 1

On 9/20/2022 at 11:14 PM, IPOPU2022 said:

Com’on Fawny “Doing a Great Job” Hardly. . WTF was going on unsupervised to ALLOW 10 of your best players and ur D1 kicker to basically get kicked off the team for 1/2 the season? The staff should KNOW what the Kids are doing on and off the field. PERIOD. .  Someone dropped the ball. . Who is responsible is debatable. 
But facts are facts. 

I am glad to be a grandmother now and have my own kids out of the house because the day of holding your own kids accountable and expecting the parents to take ownership of their children have gone by with the good music and low gas prices.  expecting coaches to know what kids do off the field is unexpected in this day and age of over teaching along with everything else that goes in the educational world.  time for the days of parents and kids to take some ownership of their own actions but we are past that as a society.  

Edited by EagleOldEyes

Ready for a rant? For those of you demanding to know the terms of the suspension, how would you like it if your own child was involved in something shady at school and the DOS blasted it on social media? The School Board is elected not to do the bidding of the public (as in taking a vote, or having a say in validity), but to assess the situation with the facts provided and ADVISE the DOS...they have no power to implement punishment, nor the capability (privacy) to discuss the situation with the public. Going one step further, if ANY of the administration privy to the information you seek discloses it to the public (anyone other than a legal guardian), get ready for a lawsuit, and rightly so.

As for the football team, as already stated it's a privilege and not a "right"...any coach worth his weight in salt not only strives to win games, but to teach values to individual kids through the team concept (no I in team, win as a team, lose as a team, ect...), and unfortunately sometimes the innocent suffer consequences with the guilty. Extra curricular activities such as athletics (football) are not available solely for the public's benefit, but as an avenue to further the mental and physical development of the students.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, EagleOldEyes said:

I am glad to be a grandmother now and have my own kids out of the house because the day of holding your own kids accountable and expecting the parents to take ownership of their children have gone by with the good music and low gas prices.  expecting coaches to know what kids do off the field is unexpected in this day and age of over teaching along with everything else that goes in the educational world.  time for the days of parents and kids to take some ownership of their own actions but we are past that as a society.  

Agreed Coach Sisk is first and foremost a Fine Coach, Husband, Teacher. Tullahoma couldn’t have found a finer person to mentor the Kids in the Football Program. His staff didn’t do him any favors IF they were aware of whatever unscrupulous behavior these Kids were involved in. I firmly believe that if he was informed about the incident depending on the severity he’d have just completely kicked them off the Team. I know the Kids love and respect their Coach. You can see it during practice and on the Field. They give 110% on every play and in practice. He runs a very disciplined program and teaches character as much as football. I’m sure there’s no one more disappointed about this situation than him. 

Edited by IPOPU2022
Mistyped
  • Like 1

56 minutes ago, tradertwo said:

Ready for a rant? For those of you demanding to know the terms of the suspension, how would you like it if your own child was involved in something shady at school and the DOS blasted it on social media? The School Board is elected not to do the bidding of the public (as in taking a vote, or having a say in validity), but to assess the situation with the facts provided and ADVISE the DOS...they have no power to implement punishment, nor the capability (privacy) to discuss the situation with the public. Going one step further, if ANY of the administration privy to the information you seek discloses it to the public (anyone other than a legal guardian), get ready for a lawsuit, and rightly so.

As for the football team, as already stated it's a privilege and not a "right"...any coach worth his weight in salt not only strives to win games, but to teach values to individual kids through the team concept (no I in team, win as a team, lose as a team, ect...), and unfortunately sometimes the innocent suffer consequences with the guilty. Extra curricular activities such as athletics (football) are not available solely for the public's benefit, but as an avenue to further the mental and physical development of the students.

If my Kid did something “shady” Football would be the least of their worries. . Poor parenting is at least 1/2 the problem with Kids these days. Jus Sayin 

16 minutes ago, IPOPU2022 said:

If my Kid did something “shady” Football would be the least of their worries. . Poor parenting is at least 1/2 the problem with Kids these days. Jus Sayin 

We agree completely! In my day, the least of my worries when I did something worthy of reprimand at school was my punishment AT school...whatever I got at school was minor to what I got at home. That doesn't change the dynamics of revealing personal information of a minor however, and disciplinary action taken is regarded on the highest level of private information.