MARSHALL COUNTY hosting TULLAHOMA

Chiledeme

Just now, southernmidtn said:

Do you live in Tullahoma?   Do you know our policy?  

No, and no. I do know about confidentiality and the liability of releasing private information, however. Your own spouse has to approve the release of medical information to you from their Dr., yet you think that it's ok for the DOS to inform the general public of disciplinary action taken against a minor who is lawfully entrusted in their care?

Just now, southernmidtn said:

Ok troll

TROLL (Internet)

In internet slang, a troll (/'troul/, /'trol/) is a person who sows discord on the internet by trying to start arguments and upset people. They may do this by posting deliberately inflammatory, extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community, such as a forum, chat room, or blog, with the intent of provoking readers into an emotional response or of otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion.

Says nothing about offending an overzealous participant of the discussion by providing viewpoints contradictory to theirs, even when based on factual information.

On 9/19/2022 at 9:28 AM, Cakeman said:

Most of these kids played at least a full Q or a half every game last year.  They probably have more game time experience then most teams in the state.  They were tested all year in practice by the best team in the state on the Scout team side.  They should be better.  When you have guys suspended for Locker room play that goes back to  Who is watching the locker room the players or coaches?  You don't fire John Olive for having rough years because he had been there for a long time and successful but..... I do not really see Tullahoma being that competitive again for a long time.  They have always ran in cycles but this is bad.   The Creekwood game looked like a middle school game.  Very hard to watch!

This type of effort leads to kids quitting, going to baseball or basketball.  Fans not showing up to games and a program dropping off and  tough  to dig yourself out of it..  Similar to the way Tennessee has had to find their way back after a lot of poor years.  

It’s all cyclical. . Does anyone know what or where these Kids got in trouble? I know Coach Sisk and be assured he won’t tolerate any nonsense. This whole situation is unfortunate in his first season. I truly believe they were a 6 win team in a down year. He’s a solid Coach and has the ability to be great for THS. Olive had back to back no win seasons a few years ago. No doubt he’d have been let go if not for his long track record of success. Tullahoma has a lot of fair weather Fans. The place was a Ghost Town on Friday Nights during the no win Seasons. Fact. I saw a couple of those teams. Small young and generally painful to watch. Less than 5yrs later they go undefeated and win a State Championship. This young team is nowhere near as bad as those teams by a long stretch. Coach Sisk was a big part of the turn around. Nothing against Olive but he retired knowing it was going to be a rebuilding year. Trust me Tullahoma is in good hands with Sisk and will be very good soon enough. 

6 minutes ago, IPOPU2022 said:

It’s all cyclical. . Does anyone know what or where these Kids got in trouble? I know Coach Sisk and be assured he won’t tolerate any nonsense. This whole situation is unfortunate in his first season. I truly believe they were a 6 win team in a down year. He’s a solid Coach and has the ability to be great for THS. Olive had back to back no win seasons a few years ago. No doubt he’d have been let go if not for his long track record of success. Tullahoma has a lot of fair weather Fans. The place was a Ghost Town on Friday Nights during the no win Seasons. Fact. I saw a couple of those teams. Small young and generally painful to watch. Less than 5yrs later they go undefeated and win a State Championship. This young team is nowhere near as bad as those teams by a long stretch. Coach Sisk was a big part of the turn around. Nothing against Olive but he retired knowing it was going to be a rebuilding year. Trust me Tullahoma is in good hands with Sisk and will be very good soon enough. 

The issues took place in the locker room to answer your question.

You are spot on with the fair weather fans comment. Everyone wanted to jump on the bandwagon last year but where was everyone in the winless seasons? The attendance was pathetic and discouraging to the young men who tried to give it their all. I will compare and contrast this to the University of TN situation. There's a lot of excitement right now around the Vols because they are 3-0 and hoping to go 4-0 over a big rival this weekend. The stadium is sold out BUT I'll give them props. During the lean years, the Volunteer faithful were still coming out. Tullahoma fans were absent. 

As far as Sisk goes, from what I've heard, he does have good character and class. The reason I believe that he will not last long at Tullahoma has nothing to do with the locker room nor suspensions. His coaching decisions, play calling, and especially clock managment are suspect in my opinion. I've seen the games this year. Is it due to him being a first year head coach? Maybe so but he has been part of a staff and locker room for a few years now. I guess next year will truly be a better judge of that. His first, tough year will be behind him along with hopefully all the team issues being resolved. I hope to see better half time adjustments, better utilization of personnel, and better clock management in the future. If not, his future will be in a different school's colors. 

Safe travels to everyone heading up to Nashville tonight. 

25 minutes ago, PercyPeabody said:

The issues took place in the locker room to answer your question.

You are spot on with the fair weather fans comment. Everyone wanted to jump on the bandwagon last year but where was everyone in the winless seasons? The attendance was pathetic and discouraging to the young men who tried to give it their all. I will compare and contrast this to the University of TN situation. There's a lot of excitement right now around the Vols because they are 3-0 and hoping to go 4-0 over a big rival this weekend. The stadium is sold out BUT I'll give them props. During the lean years, the Volunteer faithful were still coming out. Tullahoma fans were absent. 

As far as Sisk goes, from what I've heard, he does have good character and class. The reason I believe that he will not last long at Tullahoma has nothing to do with the locker room nor suspensions. His coaching decisions, play calling, and especially clock managment are suspect in my opinion. I've seen the games this year. Is it due to him being a first year head coach? Maybe so but he has been part of a staff and locker room for a few years now. I guess next year will truly be a better judge of that. His first, tough year will be behind him along with hopefully all the team issues being resolved. I hope to see better half time adjustments, better utilization of personnel, and better clock management in the future. If not, his future will be in a different school's colors. 

Safe travels to everyone heading up to Nashville tonight. 

Agreed. .Coach Sisk gets a mulligan this season as a first time head coach. He has several new assistants as well. His experience is being a DC and holding MC to 14 in the first half being short handed as well as shutting a very athletic Shelbyville to one score and taking the Coffee Co game well into the 3rd Qtr considering they have their best team since Alonte is impressive. 
I’ve known him personally for 20yrs. He eats breathes and has so much enthusiasm for the Kids and Coaching. 
This opportunity has been his goal since he was a part of the LCHS Championship team in 93. He was an undersized starting nose tackle. Tough as they come. So obviously considering they shut down an explosive Elizabethton team and brought home the Gold Ball he knows what it takes to play Championship Football. IF the Kids buy in and the Fans are patient. I think the future is bright for THS Football. 
WTF were the players doing in the locker room to justify a 1/2 season suspension?? I don’t need to know the details but I’m just wondering if that penalty was justified. 
And GO VOLS!!!

53 minutes ago, IPOPU2022 said:

Agreed. .Coach Sisk gets a mulligan this season as a first time head coach. He has several new assistants as well. His experience is being a DC and holding MC to 14 in the first half being short handed as well as shutting a very athletic Shelbyville to one score and taking the Coffee Co game well into the 3rd Qtr considering they have their best team since Alonte is impressive. 
I’ve known him personally for 20yrs. He eats breathes and has so much enthusiasm for the Kids and Coaching. 
This opportunity has been his goal since he was a part of the LCHS Championship team in 93. He was an undersized starting nose tackle. Tough as they come. So obviously considering they shut down an explosive Elizabethton team and brought home the Gold Ball he knows what it takes to play Championship Football. IF the Kids buy in and the Fans are patient. I think the future is bright for THS Football. 
WTF were the players doing in the locker room to justify a 1/2 season suspension?? I don’t need to know the details but I’m just wondering if that penalty was justified. 
And GO VOLS!!!

I don't think too much needs to be said on here but if you'll refer to the Tullahoma-Pearl Cohn thread, answers can be found there. 

Go Big Orange!