Current Super 32 entries

WrestlingGod

Here is a list of current entries for the Super 32 Challenge in Greensboro, NC in just over a month. I'm going to assume more names will be added as the date gets closer but based on these names I expect to see a lot of TN on the podium. Especially after how some of them did at Fargo. 

106-

Chase Walker (Cleveland)

William Phillips (Baylor)

Joseph Uhorchuck (Signal Mountain)

113- 

Bryson Tyrell (Bradley Central)

Ethan Uhorchuck (Signal Mountain)

120-

Caleb Uhorchuck (Signal Mountian)

Cooper Hilton (Apex)

126- 

Jarvis Little (Summit)

132-

Samuel Hutchison (Halls)

138-

Landon Desselle (Summit)

Logan Fowler (Cleveland)

145-

Hunter Sturgill (Baylor)

Riley Fort (Wilson Central)

152-

Max Norman (Dobyns-Bennett)

160-

Aiden Brenot (Clarksville)

Ian McGehee (MUS)

170-

Logan Heckert (Sycamore)

195-

Kendrick Curtis (Fairview)

Rob Atwood (Trousdale Co)

Logan Heckert of Sycamore took first at 170 at the GA super 32 qualifier.  Probably won't be in NC unless he wants to wrestle.

Cooper Hilton took first at 120 so probably won't in in NC unless he also just wants to wrestle.  

Caleb Gumlick of Lakeway took fourth at 132.

Mason Jakob of DB took first at 113.

Spencer Reep of Lakeway took fourth at 126.

Congrats to Lakeway for simply taking 12 kids.

4 hours ago, oceansize42 said:

Logan Heckert of Sycamore took first at 170 at the GA super 32 qualifier.  Probably won't be in NC unless he wants to wrestle.

Cooper Hilton took first at 120 so probably won't in in NC unless he also just wants to wrestle.  

This post is about the actual Super 32 not the qualifier that's in NC this weekend.

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, oceansize42 said:

Logan went to Georgia to get mat time. 
Unless Logan is sick or hurt he will be at the super32 and he will be at 170. I will add he didn’t surrender a single point while going undefeated. He spent a total of 20 seconds in the bottom position the entire day. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Hamblin said:

Logan went to Georgia to get mat time. 
Unless Logan is sick or hurt he will be at the super32 and he will be at 170. I will add he didn’t surrender a single point while going undefeated. He spent a total of 20 seconds in the bottom position the entire day. 

Yeah I thought OP was referencing the NC qualifier that is occurring this weekend.  Almost all of these guys were already qualified and nice to see they are getting mat time. Going to be fun to watch all the TN guys wrestle at Super 32 and  IMO it is the hardest folk style tournament in the nation.  No age brackets, just weight classes.  I've been to two of the last three and it is so darn tough, not to mention that unlike Fargo this is the style that actually matters for collegiate wrestling.  Only a very select few will spend any significant time wrestling freestyle during or post-college.

A notable name not yet registered but I'm sure he will is Colin Dupill (and his younger brother Carson for that matter) from Greeneville.  On another note it really stinks that Hunter Mason is injured in his senior year.  I looked for him to do really well had he been able.

Others I'd like to see enter: Luke Belcher, Lucas Szymborski, Bentley Ellison, and Cy Fowler. 

Seems like Baylor and McCallie are way down in terms of talent that is capable of making a dent at an elite event. 

Edited by oceansize42

14 hours ago, oceansize42 said:

Yeah I thought OP was referencing the NC qualifier that is occurring this weekend.  Almost all of these guys were already qualified and nice to see they are getting mat time. Going to be fun to watch all the TN guys wrestle at Super 32 and  IMO it is the hardest folk style tournament in the nation.  No age brackets, just weight classes.  I've been to two of the last three and it is so darn tough, not to mention that unlike Fargo this is the style that actually matters for collegiate wrestling.  Only a very select few will spend any significant time wrestling freestyle during or post-college.

A notable name not yet registered but I'm sure he will is Colin Dupill (and his younger brother Carson for that matter) from Greeneville.  On another note it really stinks that Hunter Mason is injured in his senior year.  I looked for him to do really well had he been able.

Others I'd like to see enter: Luke Belcher, Lucas Szymborski, Bentley Ellison, and Cy Fowler. 

Seems like Baylor and McCallie are way down in terms of talent that is capable of making a dent at an elite event. 

Great Take on Baylor!

Baylor only had 5 All Americans at Fargo, Paradice and Alvarez were double all Americans. That would bring the total to 7 All Americans at one School. Not to metion they had three finalsts with Alvarez, Askew and Sturgill. They also have 3 guys that have placed at UWW Trials. That was just over the summer! Has there ever been one school do that in TN before now? Alvarez is currently ranked 12th in the Country. That absolutely sounds like a team that is "way down in terms of Talent". Great observation! That took me 5 minutes of research to come up with. Oceansize42 is really kicking some knowledge today. Probably need to pay more attention to what is going on before posting.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, MidwestXFER said:

Great Take on Baylor!

Baylor only had 5 All Americans at Fargo, Paradice and Alvarez were double all Americans. That would bring the total to 7 All Americans at one School. Not to metion they had three finalsts with Alvarez, Askew and Sturgill. They also have 3 guys that have placed at UWW Trials. That was just over the summer! Has there ever been one school do that in TN before now? Alvarez is currently ranked 12th in the Country. That absolutely sounds like a team that is "way down in terms of Talent". Great observation! That took me 5 minutes of research to come up with. Oceansize42 is really kicking some knowledge today. Probably need to pay more attention to what is going on before posting.

I didn't realize Paradice and Sturgill had transferred in which is why I threw out the statement as I knew someone would come along and add their knowledge of the situation.  Another question, is Ollie Phillips also at Baylor now?

How many of the Fargo AAs graduated this past year, any at all?

Edited by oceansize42

2 hours ago, oceansize42 said:

I didn't realize Paradice and Sturgill had transferred in which is why I threw out the statement as I knew someone would come along and add their knowledge of the situation.  Another question, is Ollie Phillips also at Baylor now?

How many of the Fargo AAs graduated this past year, any at all?

Phillips is there, 
None graduated at all from what I have heard.

5 hours ago, oceansize42 said:

Which then leaves McCallie and it is tough for me to believe they don't realize the difficulty they are going to have with Baylor this season unless they to have picked up some transfers, or really impactful freshmen, I'm unaware of.

McCallie is down and has been down for a number of years.  Unless someone forces The McCallie School,  Board of Trust to change their philosophy I don’t see McCallie getting back to their glory days in the near future.  

Baylor has adopted the philosophy that even though they have a middle school they are showing no signs of developing talent.  It appears as if they will continue to recruit enough talent to fill all of their holes.  

Edited by cbg