When will the Mavericks get respect?

olecotton

3 hours ago, olecotton said:

When will the state polls and area media give the Mavericks the respect they deserve. DG and Coach Lambert have us rolling. Its time we get the respect we deserve. Nobody has it better and its true if you watch any of our games this season. 

WE will get OUR respect just keep our noses to the grind stone. 

At the end of the day, if you put that W in the column, that’s all that matters. We’ve always been that little cow patch North of Knoxville, to the media. There isn’t another school to be found anywhere I’ve searched, that has the environment, show, and winning tradition that AC does. Just smile that we have it so good. Everyone leaves our stadium wishing they had what we do, whether they admit it or not. Who wouldn’t want our intro with a professional fireworks show? 

It’s great to be a part of The Herd!

12 hours ago, olecotton said:

When will the state polls and area media give the Mavericks the respect they deserve. DG and Coach Lambert have us rolling. Its time we get the respect we deserve. Nobody has it better and its true if you watch any of our games this season. 

This didn’t age well…..

33 minutes ago, Foxman43 said:

At the end of the day, if you put that W in the column, that’s all that matters. We’ve always been that little cow patch North of Knoxville, to the media. There isn’t another school to be found anywhere I’ve searched, that has the environment, show, and winning tradition that AC does. Just smile that we have it so good. Everyone leaves our stadium wishing they had what we do, whether they admit it or not. Who wouldn’t want our intro with a professional fireworks show? 

It’s great to be a part of The Herd!

Let’s take off the Mavs colored glasses a little here.  There are quite a few schools out there that have the same or better environment and definitely better winning tradition than AC (what have they ever won in football besides a region championship?).  Show wise yes it’s definitely a show (sometimes in the favor of the visiting team) but I’m also not a flashy person who likes Fireworks

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Swipes said:

Let’s take off the Mavs colored glasses a little here.  There are quite a few schools out there that have the same or better environment and definitely better winning tradition than AC (what have they ever won in football besides a region championship?).  Show wise yes it’s definitely a show (sometimes in the favor of the visiting team) but I’m also not a flashy person who likes Fireworks

I would argue that they've always been way too much sizzle, and not enough steak.

No pun intended...

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Swipes said:

Fireworks are over rated.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1