When will the Mavericks get respect?

olecotton

3 hours ago, FormerMav said:

These are the kind of fans and attitudes that make people hate you.  

I apologize on behalf of the rest of the mavs fanbase.  This entitled and petty mentality is a byproduct that has been cultivated and allowed to fester by our school admin. It's a combination of arrogance and entitlement that comes from insecurities.  If they win it all,  it won't be enough.  It will make it WORSE. There is a strong undercurrent of win at all cost, students welfare be darned at our school. By some, but not all.  To the causal fan it looks like passion for the sport but it's really insecurity. 

We'll get the respect we earn,  nothing more.  

I wouldn't worry too much about one (or two) poster damaging the image of your school or team, I'd guess that olecotton is a wet behind the ears youngster who doesn't understand respect. The more you demand it, the less you get...the more you give away, the more you have.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 3

12 hours ago, FormerMav said:

These are the kind of fans and attitudes that make people hate you.  

I apologize on behalf of the rest of the mavs fanbase.  This entitled and petty mentality is a byproduct that has been cultivated and allowed to fester by our school admin. It's a combination of arrogance and entitlement that comes from insecurities.  If they win it all,  it won't be enough.  It will make it WORSE. There is a strong undercurrent of win at all cost, students welfare be darned at our school. By some, but not all.  To the causal fan it looks like passion for the sport but it's really insecurity. 

We'll get the respect we earn,  nothing more.  

No apologies needed for me. There are several Mavs fans on here and they all seem to be respectfully confident in their team. That individual doesn't define AC for me. I just hope that y'all see the respect that us West Tennessee folks have for you guys! There are some outstanding football programs over there! I am a firm believer that to be the best you have to beat the best! I hope that my two teams have the opportunity to play in Chattanooga and beat the best! 

• Upvote 1

On 9/20/2022 at 7:39 AM, Chargercats said:

No apologies needed for me. There are several Mavs fans on here and they all seem to be respectfully confident in their team. That individual doesn't define AC for me. I just hope that y'all see the respect that us West Tennessee folks have for you guys! There are some outstanding football programs over there! I am a firm believer that to be the best you have to beat the best! I hope that my two teams have the opportunity to play in Chattanooga and beat the best! 

Are you referring to me?

On 9/19/2022 at 4:58 PM, Chargercats said:

Hold up there olecotton! LOL Easy! No disrespect from this west Tennessee guy!! I'm kinda on the same page as you! It's just simple, win a gold ball and get respect. A west Tennessee team (3A & 4A) has not got over the hump in the last ever how many years to win a gold ball therefore the east Tennessee teams that have get the respect. The Mavs have not got over the Greenville/Elizabethton hump, lack of respect to the Mavs. I can't say that I wouldn't feel the same way if the shoe was on the other foot and we had the success that the east Tennessee teams do. I mean, there are teams around here that I do not have much respect for. That's just football. I, along with A LOT of high school football fans around here have a great deal of respect for football in Middle and east Tennessee! Great programs over there!!

Now, to your dare, I can promise you that the two teams that I am a huge fan of and know a lot about (Covington Chargers & Haywood Tomcats) ARE NOT scared of any team in the state. They have a ton of respect for you guys over there. 

(Being that the Mavs and Tomcats are 4A) Get trounced? Maybe, maybe not! But I promise you the Mavs will know that they just played the Tomcats!! 

Lets set this game up you can call the AD and Football Coach at Anderson County. That would be a great game for both of us to play. Early season potential state championship sneak peak. This is the kind of discourse we should be having. I would love to be on the sidelines to see a Mavs vs Tomcats game. I believe thats a better match up then some of the out of region teams we have and I could see them accepting the challenge. Just have your people call our people and see what happens. 

On 9/19/2022 at 9:19 PM, BetsyCyclones16 said:

After that trash ole boy was spewing about mercy ruling any west team I’d say it’s good ball or bust.

I don't know what  a good ball is but a gold ball should be everyones goal. Also I'm not saying the top west tennessee teams suck. I said any west tennessee team. Lets be honest tell me i'm wrong. I'd like to see it with my own eyes. 

1 hour ago, olecotton said:

I don't know what  a good ball is but a gold ball should be everyones goal. Also I'm not saying the top west tennessee teams suck. I said any west tennessee team. Lets be honest tell me i'm wrong. I'd like to see it with my own eyes. 

I’d worry about getting the Mavs in the game first Cotton.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, olecotton said:

Lets set this game up you can call the AD and Football Coach at Anderson County. That would be a great game for both of us to play. Early season potential state championship sneak peak. This is the kind of discourse we should be having. I would love to be on the sidelines to see a Mavs vs Tomcats game. I believe thats a better match up then some of the out of region teams we have and I could see them accepting the challenge. Just have your people call our people and see what happens. 

If i had the power i would! I am just a fan who's kids attend Haywood Co. schools. But knowing the community and most of the players, i can promise you the Tomcats will not be scared of the challenge! Yes it will be a great game between the two! 

If you are so confident (cocky) that the Mavs will "trounce" the Tomcats then have YOUR Coach/AD set up the game! As a matter of fact, How about both our teams keep winning, make the playoffs, win some more and see each other in Chattanooga? 

To ALL the Mav faithful, please know i fully respect your program!! Other than highlights i have never seen y'all play but i know y'all have an outstanding program!! 

• Upvote 1

17 hours ago, Chargercats said:

If i had the power i would! I am just a fan who's kids attend Haywood Co. schools. But knowing the community and most of the players, i can promise you the Tomcats will not be scared of the challenge! Yes it will be a great game between the two! 

If you are so confident (cocky) that the Mavs will "trounce" the Tomcats then have YOUR Coach/AD set up the game! As a matter of fact, How about both our teams keep winning, make the playoffs, win some more and see each other in Chattanooga? 

To ALL the Mav faithful, please know i fully respect your program!! Other than highlights i have never seen y'all play but i know y'all have an outstanding program!! 

@oldhickory get this done! 

I feel your pain. When my school was in 3A we were second fiddle to Alcoa, but, who isn’t! Since moved to 4A we took our lumps, G-Ville and those pesky Mavs, but kept working and turned it into 2 State Championships and a Runner up. AND-a 21-7 halftime lead on those pesky Mavs. Second half is about to start. If you can’t beat 1-3 Elizabethton, your chances for respect will go out the window. I see a team with bigger athletes and a LOT more players than us. But I also see a finesse team that’s getting punched in the mouth. To be continued……