South Pittsburg vs whitwell (stone man against this Stephenson man)

Roy Dillard

The game is at Whitwell and they should have a good crowd.  If they come out fired up, SP better not make a bunch of unforced errors and dumb penalties.  They need to put Whitwell away as quickly as possible and not let them hang around.  Otherwise, this game could go badly. 

Pirates by ALOT. 

Whitwell is above average for whitwell, but nothing like the teams they have had that won a championship and competed deep in playoffs.  

After the first few games I can say There won’t be many 1A backs that can go up for the jump ball in the end zone with Nas. 

When the pieces come together and things get cleaned up this pirate team can go as far as any. Let’s be real, Even the most mediocre pirate teams still have a shot at the east in 1A most years. 

12 minutes ago, powerp said:

Kam, Jayden, and Cash carry the pirates to victory this week. Taja has been a sneaky threat as well. The pirates will be undersized just like in every game but should have enough skill to get the w.

Agreed I do think taja and Jamarion will make a nice 1-2 punch as we go through the season. Need to make sure we keep Jayden unscathed until he is for sure 100% healthy we will need him bad down the stretch. 

We WASTED Chris Jackson’s speed last season. I hate to see Hargis speed wasted when he comes back. 

1 hour ago, CastIronHero said:

Pirates by ALOT. 

Whitwell is above average for whitwell, but nothing like the teams they have had that won a championship and competed deep in playoffs.  

After the first few games I can say There won’t be many 1A backs that can go up for the jump ball in the end zone with Nas. 

When the pieces come together and things get cleaned up this pirate team can go as far as any. Let’s be real, Even the most mediocre pirate teams still have a shot at the east in 1A most years. 

I agree, you guys still should very well represent the East in the title game unless a team comes out of no where.

18 minutes ago, TheCommander said:

I agree, you guys still should very well represent the East in the title game unless a team comes out of no where.

Yeah, but in a tight game, blowing the opportunity to recover a blocked punt and allowing a team to convert on 4th down, snapping ball between QB's legs and giving up 30 yards in penalties on a single down etc.  will get you beat.  Get that stuff cleaned up and I agree with you.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, TheCommander said:

I don't see many teams in the east better than Murphy but if you give up as many penalties as the Pirates did Friday anyone could beat us. Pirates have to stay focused and continue working every week.  The question is how bad does this Pirate team want it 

Edited by oneyewilly
  • Like 2