South Pittsburg vs whitwell (stone man against this Stephenson man)

Roy Dillard

Must clean up the mistakes and control their emotions. This team, while young, has talent but issues are glaring. These type of issues can get you knocked out of the playoffs in the first round if not corrected. I'm still not seeing a true leader on the team. Someone needs to step up soon. The younger players need to see what it takes to rise above. I'm also concerned that we are still having trouble lining up in formations. Maybe it's time to simplify things. Confusion creates emotional outbursts, let's eliminate the confusion. 

With all this said, I fully expect the Pirates to handle the Tigers this week.

Edited by piratetom

3 hours ago, piratetom said:

Must clean up the mistakes and control their emotions. This team, while young, has talent but issues are glaring. These type of issues can get you knocked out of the playoffs in the first round if not corrected. I'm still not seeing a true leader on the team. Someone needs to step up soon. The younger players need to see what it takes to rise above. I'm also concerned that we are still having trouble lining up in formations. Maybe it's time to simplify things. Confusion creates emotional outbursts, let's eliminate the confusion. 

With all this said, I fully expect the Pirates to handle the Tigers this week.

You are playing RD, ain’t you? Back in the day Beene had 6 plays, many couldn’t line up then some time. The part of the team went the wrong way. Ole Professor Phil had that crooked eye often said, You Birds need to learn left from right! OP ain’t jest joking neither. Or is yous a suggesting to have 6 plays again? BTW, one was attempt to pass! Yous got to be joking! 

3 hours ago, OLD PIRATE said:

You are playing RD, ain’t you? Back in the day Beene had 6 plays, many couldn’t line up then some time. The part of the team went the wrong way. Ole Professor Phil had that crooked eye often said, You Birds need to learn left from right! OP ain’t jest joking neither. Or is yous a suggesting to have 6 plays again? BTW, one was attempt to pass! Yous got to be joking! 

Not at all OP. It's all about how the plays are relayed to the players. Sometimes getting too creative wrecks havoc.

Edited by piratetom

1 minute ago, piratetom said:

Not at all OP. It's all about how the plays are relayed to the players. Sometimes getting to creative wrecks havoc.

Sometimes simplifying things is for the better.  Last year I believe our ability to have so much motion & movement before the snap helped create an advantage for us. Of course this is a new year, different group.

Go Pirates!!

Whitwell is going to bring their best game Friday night. They went into the game last year thinking they could pull off the upset, and this year they're 3-0 looking across to a 2-2 South Pitt team and are licking their chops. However, the Pirates just have too much talent across the board. A game that is usually an "easy win" is now a "must win" and the Pirates are going to come in determined, with a solid game plan, and some of the best athletes in 1A football. No chance they let a cross-county team knock them under .500, 42-14 Pirates. 

• Upvote 1

On 9/11/2022 at 9:24 AM, CastIronHero said:

Agreed I do think taja and Jamarion will make a nice 1-2 punch as we go through the season. Need to make sure we keep Jayden unscathed until he is for sure 100% healthy we will need him bad down the stretch. 

We WASTED Chris Jackson’s speed last season. I hate to see Hargis speed wasted when he comes back. 

Stone is know for waisting player’s speed I’m afraid. Just like he did Kavin Pryor in 2013-2014.

5 hours ago, piratetom said:

Not at all OP. It's all about how the plays are relayed to the players. Sometimes getting too creative wrecks havoc.

Pirate Tom. The way we relay plays is one of the simplest forms in all of football. It’s literally a one word play call. It may have changed some, but i can tell by the signals what he is calling, I was close to the program for a while. The main issue I’m seeing is the players lining up correctly and knowing where to be. Not really the signal or play call itself.

We have been shooting ourselves in the foot and I’ve been critical of the staff at times but if this thing falls together it can still be a great run for the Pitt. 

I’m hoping the Pirates have a great game this week. I think they will be ready to go. If they learn to limit penalties and clean up some stuff they could have won that game last week against a solid team.

By the way who is Kavin Pryor? I’m pretty good remembering the good players through the years. Been posting here on and off for over 20 years. I’ve never heard of that name. Wasn’t 2013 the Lankford and Mitchell combo? Those two were ball players I loved to watch play. 

• Like 2