South Pittsburg vs whitwell (stone man against this Stephenson man)

Roy Dillard

12 hours ago, CastIronHero said:

Pirate Tom. The way we relay plays is one of the simplest forms in all of football. It’s literally a one word play call. It may have changed some, but i can tell by the signals what he is calling, I was close to the program for a while. The main issue I’m seeing is the players lining up correctly and knowing where to be. Not really the signal or play call itself.

We have been shooting ourselves in the foot and I’ve been critical of the staff at times but if this thing falls together it can still be a great run for the Pitt. 

Yep, I agree what you are saying. I too am very close to the program and team, and have been for many years. Yes, while the one word play callings seems very simple to most of us, some of the players do not seem to be grasping it. I'm not sure why that is to be honest. Maybe it's still early in the season. I have not doubt that Wes and the rest of the staff will get it worked out one way or the other. He and I have been friends for a very long time and I trust his plan. This team will make a run at the state game if these issues clear up. 

10 hours ago, Pirate2003 said:

I’m hoping the Pirates have a great game this week. I think they will be ready to go. If they learn to limit penalties and clean up some stuff they could have won that game last week against a solid team.

By the way who is Kavin Pryor? I’m pretty good remembering the good players through the years. Been posting here on and off for over 20 years. I’ve never heard of that name. Wasn’t 2013 the Lankford and Mitchell combo? Those two were ball players I loved to watch play. 

Class of 2015, played WR I believe.

15 hours ago, Southtowner said:

@Roy Dillard,  I was reading in my Stewart mans preview book and it says these Red Tigers from Whitwell have 15 starters back.  They also have a coach named Thunder.  Let me ask you a question.  Is this that same Thunder that played for Whitwell when they caught lightning in a bottle and beat everyone?  

Towner man let me ask you a question.  Did you pay that Stewart man $32 for his book and pole? I talked to that man at foodland and he said that Stephenson man is real mad at that stone man for running the score up last year like Grider used to.  You think im joking but im not.

21 minutes ago, KyMCM said:

Probably the most talented receiver to come through South Pittsburg. Just didn’t get the opportunity to show case his abilities.  

Antonio Robinson came through SP.  Antonio Chubb is another one that comes to mind. Then recently Reginald Hunter. Those guys all seemed to shine.

Did this kid go to college? Class of 2015? Who did he sign with? I watched the 2014 team and I saw zero talent. If he played 2011-2014 I am trying to think what number he would have been. I remember Chubb and Johnson.  

1 hour ago, KyMCM said:

Probably the most talented receiver to come through South Pittsburg. Just didn’t get the opportunity to show case his abilities.  

That's a big claim to make given that in the past there were all state guys like Mack Moore, McClain (1985), Antonio Chubb and a few others.  Jake to Stone is the record pass play for any state championship game which went 98 yards with Stone throwing out of the end zone.  Chub caught it at speed at about the 45 yard line. I think Ferrel completed something like 11 or 12 passes in a row to Kenemore in the 1986 semifinal game. I could come up with a dozen more example. 

1 minute ago, rlh said:

That's a big claim to make given that in the past there were all state guys like Mack Moore, McClain (1985), Antonio Chubb and a few others.  Jake to Stone is the record pass play for any state championship game which went 98 yards with Stone throwing out of the end zone.  Chub caught it at speed at about the 45 yard line. I think Ferrel completed something like 11 or 12 passes in a row to Kenemore in the 1986 semifinal game. I could come up with a dozen more example. 

David Hudson says Hi

2 hours ago, rlh said:

Kavin was a rb I believe. No where near top 10 best receivers SP has ever had. Throw in Cade Kennemore, Malcolm Jones, and Rashawn Weatherspoon as well.

Edited by powerp

11 hours ago, piratetom said:

Yep, I agree what you are saying. I too am very close to the program and team, and have been for many years. Yes, while the one word play callings seems very simple to most of us, some of the players do not seem to be grasping it. I'm not sure why that is to be honest. Maybe it's still early in the season. I have not doubt that Wes and the rest of the staff will get it worked out one way or the other. He and I have been friends for a very long time and I trust his plan. This team will make a run at the state game if these issues clear up. 

If you are the Tom I know your a good fella! I too think they will be fine. Just need to keep punching through the season.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, powerp said:

Kavin was a rb I believe. No where near top 10 best receivers SP has ever had. Throw in Cade Kennemore, Malcolm Jones, and Rashawn Weatherspoon as well.

I have to agree he’s probably not top ten but was a heck of an athlete. I personally thought his brother was better football player he was hard nosed runner with some good foot speed. 

He can’t be mentioned with Antonio Robinson, Antonio Chubb, Rashawn Witherspoon, Malcolm Jones, Cade Kennemore, Reginald Hunter, Markus Starkey, Lightning McQueens of the program that have played out at wideout some in their career, but was definitely one that could have been a bigger name if he had the opportunities.