South Pittsburg vs whitwell (stone man against this Stephenson man)

Roy Dillard

19 minutes ago, CastIronHero said:

That is because it was one of the worst teams to play. No offense to them. They just were not stacked like 07-2013 or any team after them. 

Any 1-A team in the east with an SEC caliber player or high level D1 player doesn’t get put out by basin in the second round. 

Don’t knock my cougars man, let’s be real here. Yes, that may have been yalls worst season in recent memory I fully agree but y’all still had some pretty good players. The backfield was solid. You guys had a ton of young talent too. Although the basin team was 6-4 we wasn’t a bad team that year you have to remember we was playing in the private school district still at the time and finished second to Boyd Buchanan as well. We also lost by a touchdown to Coalfield who was the runner up that year, should’ve won that game but due to cramps we had multiple freshman and 8th graders having to provide big time minutes. 

1 hour ago, TheCommander said:

Don’t knock my cougars man, let’s be real here. Yes, that may have been yalls worst season in recent memory I fully agree but y’all still had some pretty good players. The backfield was solid. You guys had a ton of young talent too. Although the basin team was 6-4 we wasn’t a bad team that year you have to remember we was playing in the private school district still at the time and finished second to Boyd Buchanan as well. We also lost by a touchdown to Coalfield who was the runner up that year, should’ve won that game but due to cramps we had multiple freshman and 8th graders having to provide big time minutes. 

Not knocking that team personally. I guess my point is, and you know this as well, if SP had an SEC skill kid on that team it wouldn’t have even been close lol those type of players clown on good 1A teams even when the team trying to stop them is at full strength. Ask Boo Carter lol

SEC speed makes any 1A team look like they are playing in slow motion. 

38 minutes ago, CastIronHero said:

Not knocking that team personally. I guess my point is, and you know this as well, if SP had an SEC skill kid on that team it wouldn’t have even been close lol those type of players clown on good 1A teams even when the team trying to stop them is at full strength. Ask Boo Carter lol

SEC speed makes any 1A team look like they are playing in slow motion. 

Haha you’re right. If Basin ever had an SEC level talent id have a stroke. 

• Like 1

On 9/15/2022 at 3:13 PM, team69 said:

There is 24,000 high schools in the nation and about 25 SEC RB's recruits per year. That's 1 RB out of 970 schools. Odds are SP ain't one of them schools.

I thought of you today when I opened up the newspaper and saw a picture of the Tennessee / Penn State game at night. Every time Dad would talk about that game, he would always mention how there was not a ticket to be found anywhere. But he said that you and Toby came through for him. And I mean he said that EVERY TIME something was mentioned about the first night game at Neyland.