David Crockett at Tennessee High

Pioneers1982

1 hour ago, noonesfool said:

On a more serious note, is your offensive coordinator the same one as for the previous several years?

I'm sure it is but as everyone knows Crockett is minus every "great" offensive athlete they've had the last three or four years.  This year will be helpful to Crockett in the long run as nobody can lean on Prince Kollie, Cade Larkins, and a handful of others.  To some degree having athletes of that caliber, while fun to watch, does the coaches and team a disservice, particularly so for a new head coach.   You can be bailed out of bad situations by one or two guys against so so teams.  Now everyone will have to participate and dumb mistakes are much more noticeable which leads to corrections since they are so noticeable.

Greeneville's wrestling team is in the same situation after this year.  They've lost Kodiak and this year they lose Hunter Mason and Colin Dupill.  That is three nationally ranked wrestlers (all transfers into the program, Hunter and Kodiak in 7/8th grade, Dupill his Junior Year).  Everyone on Greeneville's team will have to pick up the slack or else things are going to look mighty different.

Edited by oceansize42
  • Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, oceansize42 said:

I'm sure it is but as everyone knows Crockett is minus every "great" offensive athlete they've had the last three or four years.  This year will be helpful to Crockett in the long run as nobody can lean on Prince Kollie, Cade Larkins, and a handful of others.  To some degree having athletes of that caliber, while fun to watch, does the coaches and team a disservice, particularly so for a new head coach.   You can be bailed out of bad situations by one or two guys against so so teams.  Now everyone will have to participate and dumb mistakes are much more noticeable which leads to corrections since they are so noticeable.

Elizabethton is going through much the same thing, but don't take that as any disrespect for the Eliz coaching staff.

12 minutes ago, oceansize42 said:

Good post Ocean. I agree on great athletes can be easy go too’s. I believe Betsy is suffering for the same reasons as well. On the other hand if Greeneville’s coaches and players get the penalties under control they maybe opposite of this. With Gudger and Gillespi  gone, they seem to be spreading the ball around more.

Edited by noonesfool

Crockett wins this game, and it's not even close. I'm not saying it's a blowout but the pioneers won't have a problem with the Vikings. Overall I think Crockett is just better, and they will be way more physical than the boys from Bristol. Plus, I think Hayden does a good job with his program (excluding some occasional tantrums he throws). I have a lot of respect and sympathy for what Tennessee High has endured in the last year. I believe they will bounce back with some of the young talent they have. But this season, they are still rebuilding and will struggle to win games. Crockett by 2-3 scores.

38 minutes ago, ViperRight382 said:

Crockett wins this game, and it's not even close. I'm not saying it's a blowout but the pioneers won't have a problem with the Vikings. Overall I think Crockett is just better, and they will be way more physical than the boys from Bristol. Plus, I think Hayden does a good job with his program (excluding some occasional tantrums he throws). I have a lot of respect and sympathy for what Tennessee High has endured in the last year. I believe they will bounce back with some of the young talent they have. But this season, they are still rebuilding and will struggle to win games. Crockett by 2-3 scores.

When Chandley goes off it pumps up the team. It’s usually because of a penalty that shouldn’t been called. Down at West he got a unsportsmanlike called on him I thought he was going to get another called but didn’t.

12 minutes ago, Pioneers1982 said:

When Chandley goes off it pumps up the team. It’s usually because of a penalty that shouldn’t been called. Down at West he got a unsportsmanlike called on him I thought he was going to get another called but didn’t.

I suspect it would be difficult to remain stoic on the sidelines during a bad penalty call.    Only guy I can remember seeing who acted that way all the time was Quarles @ Maryville.....