AP 1A TOP 10 09/13/22

Southtowner

1 hour ago, City223 said:

Wayne county shouldnt be close to the top 10. Fayetteville put 48 points on them in the 1st quarter and had to play jv the other 3 quarters. Wayne county starters  only scored 12 on their jv..

I’ve got a question. Where are all these studs coming from for City? Are they Lincoln County kids?  I saw some highlights and they don’t look like typical looking 1A players. 

6 hours ago, DansbyGilmore said:

Fayetteville beat a very good 4A Upperman team.  That's all I need to know.  I expect "The City" to be representing one side when the 1A State Championship rolls around.  

How much better do you think this Fayetteville team is from last season?  I have a hard time seeing them beating Mckenzie.

2 hours ago, Pirate2003 said:

I’ve got a question. Where are all these studs coming from for City? Are they Lincoln County kids?  I saw some highlights and they don’t look like typical looking 1A players. 

This city team has no lincoln county kids. This 23/24 class have been playing together since peewee football and have lost no more than 8 games since 2nd grade. Freshman year they lost 3 of their players to lincoln county, but 1 of them never played football at county. The one that didn’t play sports at lincoln county transferred back to city last season and started playing football. I don’t really count him as a county kid but that’s the only one

6 hours ago, City223 said:

This city team has no lincoln county kids. This 23/24 class have been playing together since peewee football and have lost no more than 8 games since 2nd grade. Freshman year they lost 3 of their players to lincoln county, but 1 of them never played football at county. The one that didn’t play sports at lincoln county transferred back to city last season and started playing football. I don’t really count him as a county kid but that’s the only one

I thought Fayetteville was in Lincoln County  So is Fayetteville a district sort of like DC? Roy is he joking? 

15 hours ago, DansbyGilmore said:

Fayetteville beat a very good 4A Upperman team.  That's all I need to know.  I expect "The City" to be representing one side when the 1A State Championship rolls around.  

They very well could but It could also very easily be Mckenzie, Peabody or Dresden. The most talented team doesn't always get there. Peabody was the most talented last year in all of 1A there is no denying that and they fell a little short so I will not be surprised to see any of these 4 teams in the finals or even the team from Memphis that is loaded with talent. They could easily throw Fayetteville in the East though even things out a little.

47 minutes ago, team69 said:

I thought Fayetteville was in Lincoln County  So is Fayetteville a district sort of like DC? Roy is he joking? 

Fayetteville is in lincoln county, but fayetteville has its own elementary school, middle school, and peewee team though so about 90% of the players on city have went to city their whole life.