AP 1A TOP 10 09/13/22

Southtowner

1 minute ago, team69 said:

I will take 4 players offered by the OVC...lol....but yes DI players don't grow on trees.

No doubt I will take 4 kids with OVC offers heck I'll take 4 with NAIA offers. It's just a big difference in true major D1 offers and D2 offers. Most 1A schools doesn't have that kind of talent walking up and down their hallways.

29 minutes ago, team69 said:

247 or Rivals has no Fayettville kids ranked in the top 70. That's 3stars or better. D1 players are rare. 

Isaiah thomison is currently committed to memphis, Braxton wilson currently committed to Mercer, Andre allen holds an offer from army, and samuel willoughby who’s only a sophomore holds an offer from eastern kentucky. Number 57 cole cash, 7 kj jackson, and 13 kentius henderson are all juniors picking up a bunch of interest from d1 schools early this year so we’ll see what happens with them

Edited by City223

18 minutes ago, lakecounty1968 said:

Most people do not understand what D1 actually means. Most 1A schools do not have D1 kids on their teams. There is a big difference than power 5 talent and OVC talent. Alot of people think an offer from a college is a D1 offer when in reality that's not the case.

well fbs and fcs are both d1, wether it’s power 5 or not 

47 minutes ago, team69 said:

Trying to figure out what the complaint the op had. If you live outside the City limits does that mean you can't go to the City School or vice versa?

The rule only applies if you move from out of town, you have to move into city limits or you have to sit out a year then you’ll be eligible after sitting out the required games. if you’ve lived in lincoln county for years then you’re open to attend either regardless of if you’re in city limits

20 minutes ago, lakecounty1968 said:

No doubt I will take 4 kids with OVC offers heck I'll take 4 with NAIA offers. It's just a big difference in true major D1 offers and D2 offers. Most 1A schools doesn't have that kind of talent walking up and down their hallways.

City have four players with at least one D1 offers and some multiple D1 offers. 

McKenzie is very talented and deserving of the 1 spot. 

No one wants to listen but MASE is the team to beat in 1a this year. They are built like a 5a team and speed all over the field. Mark it down. 

Mcewen lost to Camden, who looked like our middle school could beat. McEwen doesn’t deserve a spot in the top 10z

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Waker said:

McKenzie is very talented and deserving of the 1 spot. 

No one wants to listen but MASE is the team to beat in 1a this year. They are built like a 5a team and speed all over the field. Mark it down. 

Mcewen lost to Camden, who looked like our middle school could beat. McEwen doesn’t deserve a spot in the top 10z

Waker, I guess you and I think alot alike. I have been saying since the summer MASE might be the best team in 1A. People doubt that because they are from Memphis. 1A football in Memphis is normally real weak but MASE is the exception to the rule. If I am not mistaken they would have homefield throughout the playoffs. They will definitely be a very tough out and it would not surprise me if they are in Chattanooga playing for the 1A championship. The only thing that might derail them is their schedule. They absolutely play nobody all season. The rural 1A west Tennessee teams will be battle tested but MASE is difinately a major player this year.

2 hours ago, lakecounty1968 said:

There is one team in northwest Tennessee that will be very dangerous come November. Everyone is sleeping on Lake County. The Falcons are getting better and nobody will want to see them come playoff time. Not saying that Lake County is the best team in 1A in the west but they definitely can give the teams everyone favors all they want. 

It just really blew my mind.  I will be keeping tabs on September 30 on your game while we are at Dresden.

11 minutes ago, lakecounty1968 said:

Waker, I guess you and I think alot alike. I have been saying since the summer MASE might be the best team in 1A. People doubt that because they are from Memphis. 1A football in Memphis is normally real weak but MASE is the exception to the rule. If I am not mistaken they would have homefield throughout the playoffs. They will definitely be a very tough out and it would not surprise me if they are in Chattanooga playing for the 1A championship. The only thing that might derail them is their schedule. They absolutely play nobody all season. The rural 1A west Tennessee teams will be battle tested but MASE is difinately a major player this year.

I agree on their schedule being their Achilles heel. They are not the normal Memphis team. They have good coaching and if they are anything like MAHS(same team) was last year they are disciplined. They had BIG boys!!! When I say big, I mean several 6’2-6’6/280-300 pound boys that can move and like to violently hit people. A QB that can make plays with his feet and receivers that can catch. 

I have no dog in the 1a fight. I’m just telling it how I see it.

Edited by Waker

9 minutes ago, lakecounty1968 said:

They would have to travel in the quarters (probably to Peabody) but would host Semi's if they win quarter finals.  (Provided everything plays out).  

33 minutes ago, VOLnWTN said:

They would have to travel in the quarters (probably to Peabody) but would host Semi's if they win quarter finals.  (Provided everything plays out).  

Is this the year the top part of the bracket hosts or the the bottom??  I know it alternates. I thought it was the bottoms turn. If so they would have throughout.