• Knox Webb

Rest of the field:

• Gate City (VA)
  • Twin Springs (VA)
  • Christ School (NC)
  • Myers Park (NC)
  • North Mecklenburg (NC)
  • Madison-Ridgeland Academy (MS)
  • Norcross (GA) (defending GHSAA 7A chanps)
  • Pace Academy (GA)
  • St. Francis Prep (NY)
  • Trinity (KY)
  • West Catholic (PA)
  • Westminster Academy (FL)
  • Tabernacle Baptist (Bahamas)

Hearing that this may be one of the weakest fields in recent memory with Norcross easily being the early favorite to win it.  Never too early to discuss the Arby's.  I am interested to see what my Indians can do in this though coming off the title last year.  We've lost a few but also picked up a nice transfer in the offseason.

19 hours ago, TribalEmpire said:

The field was released today:

Tennessee teams represented:

• Dobyns-Bennett (defending 4A champs)
  • Greeneville (defending 3A chanps)
  • Tennessee High (host school)
  • Fulton
  • Knox Webb

Rest of the field:

• Gate City (VA)
  • Twin Springs (VA)
  • Christ School (NC)
  • Myers Park (NC)
  • North Mecklenburg (NC)
  • Pace Academy (GA)
  • St. Francis Prep (NY)
  • Trinity (KY)
  • West Catholic (PA)

Hearing that this may be one of the weakest fields in recent memory with Norcross easily being the early favorite to win it.  Never too early to discuss the Arby's.  I am interested to see what my Indians can do in this though coming off the title last year.  We've lost a few but also picked up a nice transfer in the offseason.

It’s hard to get the best teams to come after the horrible officiating last year.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/24/2022 at 12:38 PM, creekerballer said:

Definitely a step down from last year, but always excited for the Arby’s. Norcross definitely looks like the best team. 

How's it going Creeker?  Seen where the Lady Indians play you all again this year down at East in the Food City tournament.  Do you all still have the Ramsey girl?

9 hours ago, TribalEmpire said:

How's it going Creeker?  Seen where the Lady Indians play you all again this year down at East in the Food City tournament.  Do you all still have the Ramsey girl?

Going well! How about yourself? Ramsey is a senior this year and is poised to finish her career at Unaka with the all time scoring record (boys or girls). District 1A on the girls side will be fun this year. Coach Fisher from Campbell University was up the creek to visit her a couple of weeks ago. She visited ETSU as well. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 9/14/2022 at 3:16 PM, TribalEmpire said:

The field was released today:

Tennessee teams represented:

• Dobyns-Bennett (defending 4A champs)
  • Greeneville (defending 3A chanps)
  • Tennessee High (host school)
  • Fulton
  • Knox Webb

Rest of the field:

• Gate City (VA)
  • Twin Springs (VA)
  • Christ School (NC)
  • Myers Park (NC)
  • North Mecklenburg (NC)
  • Pace Academy (GA)
  • St. Francis Prep (NY)
  • Trinity (KY)
  • West Catholic (PA)

I don't think the field is as weak as some say. All 3 NC teams are good and 2 of the 3 MP & NM are both very good. West Catholic may surprise some folks. Trinity may be the best team in Kentucky. They won the live period up there this summer and basically all the top programs from Ky and a few other states were there. MRA out of Miss is usually very solid, but I am not sure how they are supposed to be this year. Pace will be solid as well, and Norcross as mentioned has a great team. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, thegame523 said:

I don't think the field is as weak as some say. All 3 NC teams are good and 2 of the 3 MP & NM are both very good. West Catholic may surprise some folks. Trinity may be the best team in Kentucky. They won the live period up there this summer and basically all the top programs from Ky and a few other states were there. MRA out of Miss is usually very solid, but I am not sure how they are supposed to be this year. Pace will be solid as well, and Norcross as mentioned has a great team. 

Have been going to Arbys since the beginning.  Probably one of the weakest ever.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 12/26/2022 at 8:42 AM, Wolves2022 said:

Not many local teams.  Was West Ridge invited or didn't want to play?

Not sure, there are a few less this year. TN High looks good, but they drew Norcross. Owens and Lane from Twins Springs are fun to watch, but not sure they have anything around them. Idk about Gate City this year. Oliver still hurt for DB? I was wanting to see him, but not sure he’s healthy. Greeneville won’t be at the same level as last year. 

Edited by creekerballer

24 minutes ago, TribalEmpire said:

Oliver won't be back till January. 

Gate City stealing the Wizard of Oz line... "Toto, I don't think we're in the Mountain 7 anymore..." in this first game of the tournament. 

Days of McClung felt like a distant memory in that one. Christ Schools first 5 are good, bench drops off some. Will see if that hurts them as advance.