D2-AAA - Week 5

JRB

9 hours ago, Navy21412 said:

I am on team CBG. Father Ryan has it all. Huge, huge fan support. Beautiful campus (my first time on the campus, as I am an old person who only knows Elliston Place and games at Vanderbilt).  Should not be that outmatched against MBA, it’s oldest rival since they opened the doors a century ago. 

just huge respect for #51. That is a Bad man. 

It’s going to require the village to lock up their checkbooks (aka ABSOLUTELY NO DONATIONS TO FATHER RYAN) until the school decides they want to have a successful football program.  

On 9/16/2022 at 10:36 PM, Navy21412 said:

I am on team CBG. Father Ryan has it all. Huge, huge fan support. Beautiful campus (my first time on the campus, as I am an old person who only knows Elliston Place and games at Vanderbilt).  Should not be that outmatched against MBA, it’s oldest rival since they opened the doors a century ago. 

just huge respect for #51. That is a Bad man. 

I’ve said it for years as well as @CBG , Rector needs to go.  Kudos to MBA as they outplayed Ryan at every phase.  No halftime adjustments made and I have it from a reliable source that he threatened to cut kids after the game.  Sad!  Ryan needs to do better.  5 wins in the division in 7 years?  O-2 this year so far.

3 hours ago, PurplePanther said:

I’ve said it for years as well as @CBG , Rector needs to go.  Kudos to MBA as they outplayed Ryan at every phase.  No halftime adjustments made and I have it from a reliable source that he threatened to cut kids after the game.  Sad!  Ryan needs to do better.  5 wins in the division in 7 years?  O-2 this year so far.

Let me make it absolutely clear that I have never said that Brian Rector should be fired!  Basically what I have said numerous times is that until the Father Ryan Board of Trust and administration make the decision that they want to have a successful football program it will be business as usual no matter who’s the coach.  Changing the head football coach and coaching staff would be nothing more that kicking the proverbial can down the road unless the Board of Trust and administration change their attitude when it pertains to football. Being completely honest, the Father Ryan football program has not been supported at a championship level since the late 1990’s.  With that being said, if Coach Brian Rector truly threatened to cut specific players that should immediately be addressed by the administrators of Father Ryan.  

Misinterpretation on my part for you saying change.  I have said he needs to go and will continue to say it.  Kids that were told that they couldn’t play certain positions seem to play that position at other schools at a high level.  Obviously I won’t mention names that I know of, but will say more than 5 players in the past few years.  All of these kids have/had multiple D1 offers.  All Region and All state players!

• Like 1

I talked to a FRHS alum/past parent yesterday who was there Friday night. Have no idea if any of this is accurate, but this was his assessment of things.  He said the school was pretty much full with Catholic families. He said there is virtually no capacity to admit non-Catholics, and zero chance to get non-Catholics financial aid, because of course Catholics have to be given priority no matter what. He said JP2 isn’t faced with same constraint and has a lot more freedom to recruit and admit non-Catholics. So according to him, the Nashville Catholic team playing in 7th -8th grade can identify really good non-Catholic players that the coaches want to push to FRHS but they can’t get them into school.  So he said believe it or not, if this 3rd Catholic school opens in Nolensville it would actually help FRHS athletics.   I will leave this to you guys to confirm/deny that. 

6 hours ago, Navy21412 said:

I talked to a FRHS alum/past parent yesterday who was there Friday night. Have no idea if any of this is accurate, but this was his assessment of things.  He said the school was pretty much full with Catholic families. He said there is virtually no capacity to admit non-Catholics, and zero chance to get non-Catholics financial aid, because of course Catholics have to be given priority no matter what. He said JP2 isn’t faced with same constraint and has a lot more freedom to recruit and admit non-Catholics. So according to him, the Nashville Catholic team playing in 7th -8th grade can identify really good non-Catholic players that the coaches want to push to FRHS but they can’t get them into school.  So he said believe it or not, if this 3rd Catholic school opens in Nolensville it would actually help FRHS athletics.   I will leave this to you guys to confirm/deny that. 

A quick Google search said the school had 895 students.  I’m not sure if that is correct but They have had more than that in the past.

10 hours ago, O3t said:

A quick Google search said the school had 895 students.  I’m not sure if that is correct but They have had more than that in the past.

I have heard that the number is actually between 800 and 850 with about 75-80% being Catholic, but that is also a rumor.  The reported number at one time was 1000 or maybe a little over with 95+% being Catholic but it's my understanding that they reduced the number of students and raised the tuition about fifteen years ago.  I am sure that only a few people really know the true number of students currently enrolled and what percentage are Catholic.