Haywood @ Melrose

stacmot

15 minutes ago, reddyrebel6 said:

I assure you BigRed88 that Haywood is not afraid to play Henry County. That game may be back on next year.

Didn't say they was afraid. Just wondered why they don't play some of the better teams. Just looking at their schedule so far, I just didn't understand why there was a 1A and 2A team on y'all's schedule. I'm assuming now that it's hard to get people to play y'all. Especially this year, I think y'all possibly could beat some of those bigger schools. Just a fan of high school football that would enjoy seeing an athletic Haywood against a hard nosed tough Beech team. Could be some interesting matchups is all I was getting at. And I would love to get Haywood back on the schedule. I think there is a mutual respect with both programs, but both programs are both very competitive and don't like to lose!! Sorry for getting this thread off topic lol 

Edited by BigRed88

48 minutes ago, BigRed88 said:

Didn't say they was afraid. Just wondered why they don't play some of the better teams. Just looking at their schedule so far, I just didn't understand why there was a 1A and 2A team on y'all's schedule. I'm assuming now that it's hard to get people to play y'all. Especially this year, I think y'all possibly could beat some of those bigger schools. Just a fan of high school football that would enjoy seeing an athletic Haywood against a hard nosed tough Beech team. Could be some interesting matchups is all I was getting at. And I would love to get Haywood back on the schedule. I think there is a mutual respect with both programs, but both programs are both very competitive and don't like to lose!! Sorry for getting this thread off topic lol 

No biggie. I think Haywood reached out to a lot of those schools, but the feeling is they have too much to lose and nothing to gain by playing Haywood. Father Ryan, for example - a loss to a small 4A school with not much funding would be hard to explain.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tigersandcats said:

I didn’t know Cedric Wilson was out and Derrick BoBo was knew coach at Melrose till I checked that out. Wonder what happened there?

According to an article in Main Street Preps, Wilson stated, "Dr. Hardaway decided not to retain my services as head coach and go in a different direction, so I am currently seeking a new coaching position."

I'm sure there is more to the story!

Edited by stacmot