Haywood @ Melrose

stacmot

Just a reminder to Tomcat fans...If Haywood and Melrose should meet again in the playoffs.  There is no guarantee that the game would be in Brownsville.  See football regulations concerning the playoffs in the TSSAA Handbook (PDF file).

There's still a lot of football left to play and a lot could happen.  Let's take it one game at a ttime.

Search 2022-23 TSSAA Handbook FOOTBALL REGULATIONS

Edited by stacmot

17 minutes ago, stacmot said:

Just a reminder to Tomcat fans...If Haywood and Melrose should meet again in the playoffs.  There is no guarantee that the game would be in Brownsville.  See football regulations concerning the playoffs in the TSSAA Handbook (PDF file).

Search 2022-23 TSSAA Handbook FOOTBALL REGULATIONS

If the post above about no locker room is true, the regulations specify separate locker rooms. How could Melrose host? Just a thought.

24 minutes ago, CHARGERFAN said:

If the post above about no locker room is true, the regulations specify separate locker rooms. How could Melrose host? Just a thought.

I made my post after hearing several Tomcat fans (both on the T and in person) talk about a possible rematch with the Wildcats in Brownsville, but it's still awful early to talk about that.  Both Haywood and Melrose have got to get to the playoffs first.

I wondered about the dressing room situation too.  If they aren't able to host at their stadium, they could possibly host at another stadium in Memphis. 

For our involvement and possible placement in the playoffs, we need to concentrate on North Side this week. Then, we have region games against South Gibson and Obion Central to worry about in weeks 9 and 11. A lot can still happen.

Edited by stacmot