Marion vs Forrest

GeneralForrest

13 hours ago, TheTruthPrevails said:

Who is the young rb that yall had last year?.  He was pretty impressive if I remember correctly. 

Prob Liam Bell. #6. He hade a good second half if I remember correctly. Tough. Seems to crave contact a little. Swift, Davis, Bell's brother Eli also good. The scheme is lame. Truly. These guys dont get the ball in open space. 

15 hours ago, TheTruthPrevails said:

Who is the young rb that yall had last year?.  He was pretty impressive if I remember correctly. 

All 4 RBs from last season returned.  #6 was the only one who had any success against Marion's starters last season. He broke his foot in the spring game and still isn't back to full speed. #9 broke his leg in the first quarter of game 1. Both of those injuries have killed our defense. #2 runs hard but the only play he runs is through the 5 hole against 9 man boxes. #1 is another senior RB and MLB. Last year he split time with #6. This year since #9 is out he has to rest or take plays off on defense and is another reason our defense is struggling. #22 is freshman and brother to #6. He has huge upside - wiry and similar to your Pickett RB. 

4 hours ago, Salem said:

All 4 RBs from last season returned.  #6 was the only one who had any success against Marion's starters last season. He broke his foot in the spring game and still isn't back to full speed. #9 broke his leg in the first quarter of game 1. Both of those injuries have killed our defense. #2 runs hard but the only play he runs is through the 5 hole against 9 man boxes. #1 is another senior RB and MLB. Last year he split time with #6. This year since #9 is out he has to rest or take plays off on defense and is another reason our defense is struggling. #22 is freshman and brother to #6. He has huge upside - wiry and similar to your Pickett RB. 

We’ve got speed backs that won’t hit the hole to busy dancing. 

On 9/21/2022 at 12:10 PM, Salem said:

Only Marion Co film I've found were highlights against Tyner and Sequatchie's highlights vs Marion. I will agree this team isn't as talented as previous Warrior teams but don't worry MC will be just fine. 

Read last year's Marion-Forrest thread and you will see our predictions were correct in that game. I assure you we're not hoping for a lopsided loss and I would love to be on here Monday morning praising the players and coaches for a big win. However, reality rules. This Forrest team (missing key players in all 3 scrimmages) went toe to toe with 5A Columbia Central in the spring. We played even against 4A Macon County. And had a respectable showing against a good 6A team in Rockvale. This same team delivered embarrassing performances against a 2-4 Loretto squad and a 1A Moore County. We gave up over 500 yards rushing and 88 points in those games. So at best we're inconsistent and at worst we are not a very good 2A team. 

The three teams Forrest beat this season have beaten Collinwood, Huntland, Houston County, and Tennessee HEAT. A who's who of cellar dwellers.  Athlete wise Forrest is comparable to Bledsoe County. The last three weeks we look more like Pickett County. 

If you guys can run QB Power Read you got a chance, Marion hasn’t figured out how to stop that yet. Lbs get lost in the shuffle. 

11 hours ago, Headhunter42 said:

If you guys can run QB Power Read you got a chance, Marion hasn’t figured out how to stop that yet. Lbs get lost in the shuffle. 

4 hours ago, TheTruthPrevails said:

Yeah any type of read option you will have success with the new lbers.

We run about 6 plays and the read option isn't on the list.