Who is your top 10 5A football teams in the state?

GaddyDaddy

16 hours ago, eers said:

Here’s where I think they are right now….

Knoxville West (5-0) 
Nolensville (5-0)    
Henry County (3-2)
Page (5-0)   

Springfield (5-0) 
Mt. Juliet (3-1)   
Green Hill (4-1)   
Munford (5-0)
White County (4-1)   
Daniel Boone (5-0)

eers, I sorta feel the same way, people are ignoring Nolensville, and I thought Morristown West would give Daniel Boone trouble after playing Greeneville like they did, Daniel Boone rolled!

1 hour ago, SweetScience said:

Blazer, this the best Boone team you’ve seen in a while? I don’t recall ever seeing them in the Top 10.

I would say the 2009 Boone team was the greatest, going 8-2 and beating Kingsport, Johnson City and Bristol for the only time ever in the same season.    This 2022 team has an incredible defense and special teams unit, and it is possible this could be the best bunch of Boonies ever but let's get a few more games and see what happens.

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, bigdawgtn said:

well you guys did have to hit a gimmick play at the end to win just to be fair. 

That game is played 10 times we win 9. Injuries are a huge concern right now at MJ… we were up 21-0… 28-7. Should’ve went up 42-28! Woulda coulda shoulda right?  Our defense can’t hang with the amount of injuries we’ve endured. 

3 hours ago, blazer1set said:

I would say the 2009 Boone team was the greatest, going 8-2 and beating Kingsport, Johnson City and Bristol for the only time ever in the same season.    This 2022 team has an incredible defense and special teams unit, and it is possible this could be the best bunch of Boonies ever but let's get a few more games and see what happens.

I think Boone is top 5 right now. Might have the best defense in 5A. I thought the offense was lagging behind the defense until last week. Looked really good against a good Mo. West team. If the offense keeps playing like that this could be Boones year. 

• Sad 2

14 hours ago, WaCoJaCo said:

I think Boone is top 5 right now. Might have the best defense in 5A. I thought the offense was lagging behind the defense until last week. Looked really good against a good Mo. West team. If the offense keeps playing like that this could be Boones year. 

From what I've seen Knox West is going to be hard to take down by anyone in 5A

On 9/19/2022 at 5:54 PM, blazer1set said:

From the AP, 9/19/22:

1. Page (5-0)
2. Knoxville West (5-0)
3. Springfield (5-0)
4. Munford (5-0)
5. Nolensville (5-0)
6. Daniel Boone (5-0)
7. Henry County (3-2)
8. Green Hill (4-1)
9. White County (4-1)
10. Mt. Juliet (3-1)

I don't like this list simply because its based of wins more then strength of opponents. AP have got really lazy with their coverage you would think they would be better with all the technology. 

On 9/19/2022 at 10:29 PM, eers said:

Here’s where I think they are right now….

Knoxville West (5-0) 
Nolensville (5-0)    
Henry County (3-2)
Page (5-0)   

Springfield (5-0) 
Mt. Juliet (3-1)   
Green Hill (4-1)   
Munford (5-0)
White County (4-1)   
Daniel Boone (5-0)

I like the list but Oak Ridge has to be somewhere. Our only losses are against 6A schools thats why its a 5A poll not an overall state poll. 

1 hour ago, GaddyDaddy said:

I like the list but Oak Ridge has to be somewhere. Our only losses are against 6A schools thats why its a 5A poll not an overall state poll. 

Gaddy, I'm sorry but give me a break. If you're going to make that 6A argument, you also have to consider who OR has beaten. Clinton is a good win, but that's it. I just don't see them on the list right now. Hopefully we'll see them on the list in October (along with Powell), but they aren't there yet.