Trenton Peabody @ Dyersburg

PeabodyPride

On 9/20/2022 at 12:21 PM, tennesseeannouncer said:

Always looking forward to Friday Night Lights at historic J.C. Sawyers Stadium! 

As an outsider to this little fued, I wonder how Dyersburg people would feel if another school did not let the Trojans broadcasters present a live broadcast of the game to their fans. I'd love to hear your take. I have personally helped announce a live TV broadcast of a game in Dyersburg. Thus, I know that they have been allowed and there is plenty of room available. 

5 minutes ago, ReitzFan said:

As an outsider to this little fued, I wonder how Dyersburg people would feel if another school did not let the Trojans broadcasters present a live broadcast of the game to their fans. I'd love to hear your take. I have personally helped announce a live TV broadcast of a game in Dyersburg. Thus, I know that they have been allowed and there is plenty of room available. 

They legit believe we didn’t play them to keep a win streak alive. We had a region a game to play and that’s it. My view of dyersburg is forever changed. They came on here and on Facebook and bashed our program bunch of clowns. They got what they deserved a beat down. It probably isn’t worth your time talking to him. They didn’t allow the live stream and turned the heat on in the visitor dressing room out of spite 

On 9/24/2022 at 11:16 AM, PeabodyPride said:

Kids go back and forth leading up to almost every game. It’s fans and parents that take it too far in most cases. I’ve always respected and thought of Jacobs as a coach with a ton of class. For him to be this fired up, Dyersburg must have crossed the line with pettiness.

2 minutes ago, Waker said:

Kids go back and forth leading up to almost every game. It’s fans and parents that take it too far in most cases. I’ve always respected and thought of Jacobs as a coach with a ton of class. For him to be this fired up, Dyersburg must have crossed the line with pettiness.

Remember the emotion he had , choked up at your field after the streak ended , fighting back tears, told out men to go congratulate your Stangs cause it was their night ! That’s all you need to know about the character of “some” in Dburg for him to be that pissed !

1 minute ago, PeabodyPride said:

Remember the emotion he had , choked up at your field after the streak ended , fighting back tears, told out men to go congratulate your Stangs cause it was their night ! That’s all you need to know about the character of “some” in Dburg for him to be that pissed !

I do remember that. To see those Peabody kids, after possibly the toughest defeat of their sporting lives, walk through Huntingdon fans to congratulate our players on a hard fought battle was the definition of sportsmanship.

2 hours ago, Tide21 said:

They legit believe we didn’t play them to keep a win streak alive. We had a region a game to play and that’s it. My view of dyersburg is forever changed. They came on here and on Facebook and bashed our program bunch of clowns. They got what they deserved a beat down. It probably isn’t worth your time talking to him. They didn’t allow the live stream and turned the heat on in the visitor dressing room out of spite 

In all fairness, both teams have crossed the line. Yes, Peabody elected to play a region game they were heavily favored in. I understand why Peabody people would be frustrated, I get that. But Dyersburg didn't do anything last year to deserve themselves to lose a game (same thing with the players at Gibson County).

I think it's best for both parties to admit they have made mistakes, which is not going to happen. But I hope both teams have great success the rest of the way. 

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, TryNotToSuck said:

In all fairness, both teams have crossed the line. Yes, Peabody elected to play a region game they were heavily favored in. I understand why Peabody people would be frustrated, I get that. But Dyersburg didn't do anything last year to deserve themselves to lose a game (same thing with the players at Gibson County).

I think it's best for both parties to admit they have made mistakes, which is not going to happen. But I hope both teams have great success the rest of the way. 

Well written. And I agree with this. 

30 minutes ago, TryNotToSuck said:

You don’t have the whole story and I’m not going in to detail. Apologies were made and dyersburg chose to make a article in the news paper basically saying Trenton was scared and there were no mistakes made by Trenton.