AP 1A TOP 10 SEPT 20 2022

Southtowner

1 hour ago, jtm52k said:

scrambling QBs, especially ones with O-lines can't hold the D-line, are more likely to get hurt. that kid played his entire heart and soul out in that game. i saw him walking to the bus after; he looked rough. he's an awesome athlete, but he can't carry that team all season.

I was talking about MASE

1 hour ago, jtm52k said:

scrambling QBs, especially ones with O-lines can't hold the D-line, are more likely to get hurt. that kid played his entire heart and soul out in that game. i saw him walking to the bus after; he looked rough. he's an awesome athlete, but he can't carry that team all season.

I think moore county’s ceiling is 3rd round. The Mckenzie game should be a much better matchup than last year

1 hour ago, jtm52k said:

Not saying that he will, but it can be done. Rice was everything for Wayne County in the same way...good enough team around him that Clark Kent was QB in most games, but when needed there was always the phone booth on the sideline.

19 minutes ago, City223 said:

Yes

Unless they are now the Oakland of 1A then I cant seem them getting through that even with having home field advantage. Can they handle the physicality they will face to that City Mckenzie game last year was hard nose that's a lot to ask for and its hard to just turn it on like that when you've caked walked all year. Ill take the field forsure over them they gotta prove me wrong.

2 minutes ago, Doc931 said:

Unless they are now the Oakland of 1A then I cant seem them getting through that even with having home field advantage. Can they handle the physicality they will face to that City Mckenzie game last year was hard nose that's a lot to ask for and its hard to just turn it on like that when you've caked walked all year. Ill take the field forsure over them they gotta prove me wrong.

Agree

1 hour ago, WarEagleCartman said:

Lol no, that's the top 7 in Tennessee imo. If you can find me an east team that belongs in that group I'm more than willing to listen to anyone's argument. Right now Imo the state champ comes out of either region 6 or region 5. I'll know more about MASE after they play JCM and halls 

Good poll and the only argument from the east would be So. Pittsburg. I know they have lost a few but they are the one team from the east that i wouldn't be surprised if they won the state title. I just don't think there is another team from the east that has a legitimate shot to win the title. Maybe Gordonsville. Like I said Moore County may be a great team but they lost by 51 to McKenzie in the playoffs last year and Imo one kid cannot make up a 51 points. Like a poster said Moore County and Fayetteville are rivals and you can throw out records in a rivalry game. I have been wrong many times before and Moore County might win the whole thing.

2 hours ago, WarEagleCartman said:

Lol no, that's the top 7 in Tennessee imo. If you can find me an east team that belongs in that group I'm more than willing to listen to anyone's argument. Right now Imo the state champ comes out of either region 6 or region 5. I'll know more about MASE after they play JCM and halls 

not sure you will learn much  from watching them play JCM and Halls I suspect they will rout both of them as well. Only thing there is to go by is MUS handled them pretty well in a scrimmage something like 37-7 but that was MUS so really who knows.

3 hours ago, lakecounty1968 said:

Good poll and the only argument from the east would be So. Pittsburg. I know they have lost a few but they are the one team from the east that i wouldn't be surprised if they won the state title. I just don't think there is another team from the east that has a legitimate shot to win the title. Maybe Gordonsville. Like I said Moore County may be a great team but they lost by 51 to McKenzie in the playoffs last year and Imo one kid cannot make up a 51 points. Like a poster said Moore County and Fayetteville are rivals and you can throw out records in a rivalry game. I have been wrong many times before and Moore County might win the whole thing.

There's probably 20 teams from the West that would beat SP.

6 hours ago, lakecounty1968 said:

My preseason pick  for the east was gordonsville but idk we'll see. Maybe a year like 2A last year where a team shocks us.