Enrollment Numbers?

Redrage4life

1 hour ago, 1983 said:

I’m hearing for basketball 400 and below may be 1A.

Be interesting to see where Huntingdon is. Dyersburg I think will be AAA looks like. I don’t think they are unhappy either. You got South Gibson and South Side going East and you dodge Gibson County, Westview, Huntingdon, Loretto and Summertown to get to state. Two of Dyersburg, Dyer County, Crockett County and Covington will have good shots every year to go to state. 

• Like 1

On 10/1/2022 at 3:50 PM, pioneer42 said:

Be interesting to see where Huntingdon is. Dyersburg I think will be AAA looks like. I don’t think they are unhappy either. You got South Gibson and South Side going East and you dodge Gibson County, Westview, Huntingdon, Loretto and Summertown to get to state. Two of Dyersburg, Dyer County, Crockett County and Covington will have good shots every year to go to state. 

Lot of AA teams will be glad Dyersburg stays AAA

23 hours ago, StudCantrell said:

This is what I came up with. There are 340 schools this cycle in basketball, baseball, and softball. This puts 85 schools in each of the four classes. I could be wrong with this but here are the numbers.

1A: 397 and under

2A: 400 - 695

3A: 698 - 1206

4A: 1207 and up

My Opinion:

1A 392 and under Notre Dame High School Largest 1A

2A 393 to 695 Scott High School Largest 2A

3A 696 to 1213 Lincoln County High School Largest 3A

4A 1214 and up

Michael Odom did a really good job of breaking down the possible new districts.  It looks like in 2A Memphis will only have two districts this upcoming cycle.  Adamsville, JCM, Liberty, Madison, Riverside, and Scotts Hill could be a new district.  Huntingdon, Gibson County, Peabody, Westview, and Milan could be another district.  Not sure where they will put Camden and Ripley.  Those two districts will likely be Region opponents, with the sectionals coming out of Memphis.  That looks like a pretty good scenario.  

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, StudCantrell said:

Classifications are out! Check tssaa.org

Division I: Basketball, Baseball, Softball

Four classes, split evenly.

Class No. of Schools Enrollment Range
1A 86 0-395
2A 85 396-682
3A 85 683-1194
4A 85 1195 and greater

So the largest 4a to smallest 4a is around 1600 but yet that want to make it an even split..those three smallest 4a schools need to be and should be in 3a. TSSAA has to be one of the poorest ran NON PROFIT organizations out there.