McKenzie visits Dresden 9/30 for the Region 6A Championship.

RedRebelman

4 hours ago, ysoangry said:

I heard there was a fight between a 15 year old and a 8 year old (wtf is that about?)  It was bad enough for ambulance to be called. Why the added security at the schools, I have no idea. I'm sure more info may come out today. 

Just listened to Frazier on Tinkle's show.  It was three students from Dresden over some candy.  Two HS students, and younger student.  The added security came because some posted something about there may be a shooting Monday.  

10 hours ago, vandyfan1 said:

I think they are better than last year but that’s just me but that other comment you Nailed it!

Our line has not dropped off since last year. It was a concern early in the year, but we got one lineman back that was injured all year last year.  We also had one move in that replaced one of the three we lost.  So, really we only lost one lineman from last year.  And we have filled the third one with one of our defensive players.  If anything, it has gotten better. It may not have been "magnificent" last year, but it got it done.  

Yes, the offense revolves around our QB.  And yes, Taylor can be stopped.  But you have to account for the other 4 or 5 on offense if you zero in on him.  Beginning of the year, I would not have said we are better than last year, but as each week goes by, we are starting to seem more and more polished.  

13 minutes ago, VOLnWTN said:

Just listened to Frazier on Tinkle's show.  It was three students from Dresden over some candy.  Two HS students, and younger student.  The added security came because some posted something about there may be a shooting Monday.  

Makes since I guess. Glad my kids are grown, I'd hate to bring a child into the messed up world right now. Thanks for the update.

43 minutes ago, VOLnWTN said:

Our line has not dropped off since last year. It was a concern early in the year, but we got one lineman back that was injured all year last year.  We also had one move in that replaced one of the three we lost.  So, really we only lost one lineman from last year.  And we have filled the third one with one of our defensive players.  If anything, it has gotten better. It may not have been "magnificent" last year, but it got it done.  

Yes, the offense revolves around our QB.  And yes, Taylor can be stopped.  But you have to account for the other 4 or 5 on offense if you zero in on him.  Beginning of the year, I would not have said we are better than last year, but as each week goes by, we are starting to seem more and more polished.  

Yup! 

Does your QB have any offers yet? 

25 minutes ago, vandyfan1 said:

Yup! 

Does your QB have any offers yet? 

Honestly, I am not sure. I know that some of the college coaches are worried about his arm slot when he throws the ball.  But my gosh, that is correctable. I feel like he could easily play at schools like UT-M and MTSU.  One that I think he would fit in really nice at is Western Kentucky.  The kid has a football IQ that is off the chart. Is smart, and athletic.  If a school wants an edge with him, let him play baseball as well.  Oh...and of course, Coach Jasper here at BU is salavating to get him.  Not sure what Jackson is thinking, but if someone gets him, they are getting a steal!! 

5 hours ago, VOLnWTN said:

Honestly, I am not sure. I know that some of the college coaches are worried about his arm slot when he throws the ball.  But my gosh, that is correctable. I feel like he could easily play at schools like UT-M and MTSU.  One that I think he would fit in really nice at is Western Kentucky.  The kid has a football IQ that is off the chart. Is smart, and athletic.  If a school wants an edge with him, let him play baseball as well.  Oh...and of course, Coach Jasper here at BU is salavating to get him.  Not sure what Jackson is thinking, but if someone gets him, they are getting a steal!! 

I spoke with our QB, Cassidy. I asked him if he had any offers yet, he replied, "no." I told him not to worry about that, but they'd come. I told him just to focus on the season. I agree any team that signed him would be getting a great leader, student, and athlete.

3 hours ago, RedRebelman said:

I spoke with our QB, Cassidy. I asked him if he had any offers yet, he replied, "no." I told him not to worry about that, but they'd come. I told him just to focus on the season. I agree any team that signed him would be getting a great leader, student, and athlete.

Some kids simply don’t want to play college ball. They just want the college experience. If you’ve play any college sport, you know it’s a job. 

• 3 weeks later...