McKenzie visits Dresden 9/30 for the Region 6A Championship.

RedRebelman

21 hours ago, YBsostupid said:

If I remember correctly these two teams had a game at Dresden that got so heated that they were not allowed to play each other for a few years.  The build up to this has all the makings of another game like that.  Hopefully the refs will stay on top of any extra curricular activity.  Other than that let them play this thing out.  A classic high school football matchup.

Back in 2011 or 2012 Dresden's longtime previous coach wouldn't shake hands with the Rebels. He reasoning was the rebels supposedly hurt his son a few years earlier on purpose, hurting his chances to be a D1 recruit. That was a very chippy game putting it mildly. Also take the coaches reasoning with a grain of salt. This will be a hard hitting and hopefully clean game. If not I hope the refs take control of the game early. Honestly, this is only a talking point game as the real game could be in the playoffs.  I expect this to be a close game that can go either way. 

Huge game but I gotta give the edge to McKenzie. Dresden is definitely better than last year but good lord so is McKenzie. Dresden's best shot actually may be to not bust the big plays. If they can grind out McKenzie and eat a lot of clock on scoring drives I like their chances a little better. Either way this should be a gem.

4 hours ago, WarEagleCartman said:

Huge game but I gotta give the edge to McKenzie. Dresden is definitely better than last year but good lord so is McKenzie. Dresden's best shot actually may be to not bust the big plays. If they can grind out McKenzie and eat a lot of clock on scoring drives I like their chances a little better. Either way this should be a gem.

This is a good take.  

With us mere fans getting antsy anticipating this game, can you imagine how the coaches & players for each team are feeling? More than the talent, skill, athleticism, & capabilities of the players, I think the team that handles the mental/psychological aspects of it all will be the winner. Yes one has to have some football & bodily abilities to beat another good/great team, of course. But I say with the physical side of it being more or less equal, the mind-game is far more important than many realize. But that’s my non-expert, uneducated-in-footballese, too-emotional, hunch-ridden, & homer-infected view. Thus, (& not going into the particulars of this part of the equation), I conclude the Lions shall win. Predicted score? Lions > Rebels. 

Im taking Mckenzie in this one. I'm not buying the Dresden hype. I think they are improved by all means but what makes this group worthy of the hype? What makes them a favorite in the west cause I don't see those of of guys on that roster they got a few playmakers but not enough across the board. An upset is possible for the fact they are playing this one at home but they better have long drives and chew up clock similar to what Moore Co did vs City. End of the day Mckenzie just has one to many weapons for Dresden to overcome and they get put right back into reality another second round exist on the way.   

7 minutes ago, Doc931 said:

Im taking Mckenzie in this one. I'm not buying the Dresden hype. I think they are improved by all means but what makes this group worthy of the hype? What makes them a favorite in the west cause I don't see those of of guys on that roster they got a few playmakers but not enough across the board. An upset is possible for the fact they are playing this one at home but they better have long drives and chew up clock similar to what Moore Co did vs City. End of the day Mckenzie just has one to many weapons for Dresden to overcome and they get put right back into reality another second round exist on the way.   

If your a city fan I think you got to be pulling for the upset here I think you would rather get McKenzie at home. 

58 minutes ago, RexKwonDo said:

If your a city fan I think you got to be pulling for the upset here I think you would rather get McKenzie at home. 

Idk dawg I'm not sure home field advantage really and truly matters in that game those two teams just need you to put the ball down and get it cracking I wouldn't mind coming over to Mckenzie this year seeing what that environment is like they traveled well last yr down here. Its more important for Dresden cause losing this one means back on the road round 2 to City.. they need the homefield more than anyone.