Cornersville @Fayetteville

City223

2 hours ago, GODAWGS89 said:

Although, leader might have been a poor choice of words for Bradden. The kids still a loved member of that team and I know for certain that all the Cornersville players went into last night with the mentality “we’re gonna get the our butts kicked because of Waddell”. Came straight from the horses mouth. Those players don’t believe in waddell and as a result he won’t ever win very much in Cornersville.

Horses mouth? You talk to the whole team?

23 minutes ago, ArtesianWells said:

Cornersville was just out matched. 8 seniors, 11 juniors (10 now because his cell phone was more important) 6 sophmores, 3 freshman. Parents need to leave the coaching to the coach. How many times did you see the Tigers players waving their parent to the sidelines. WHile i believe waddle could be better. its hard to lead a team if they believe your going to fail them and with few exceptions refuse to put full effort in. i thinkk most of the parents are upset that the coach didnt ask for their opinion with all their junior football coaching experience. the parents have let this program down  Ben is the only one who seems to play with any heart and he seems to be wearing down from all the weight. all the negativity. i hope that the parents of future classes learn from them and raise their boys a liitle better. maybe then  they will have a respectable program.

There is a few more than just Ben who play with heart on the team.

Low numbers is tough for any coach especially a new one and it’s even tougher when you lose the head coach and 2 other coaches that were on staff from last year to this year, especially because they were all on staff before the championship runs.

3 minutes ago, dawgswin said:

There is a few more than just Ben who play with heart on the team.

Low numbers is tough for any coach especially a new one and it’s even tougher when you lose the head coach and 2 other coaches that were on staff from last year to this year, especially because they were all on staff before the championship runs.

totally agree. and yes there are a few other boys who play with heart. (i just dont know there names) and i knows its hard to play hard for 4 quarters when your outsized physically and athletically but theres still alot of crying on on the sidelines from those who arent playing to their max.  and they'd rather point a finger at the coach who is (hopefully) doing the besr with what he has and hopefully learning from his mist steps. 

Hats off to City. What a loaded team! What a defensive and offensive line! This played out how we all imagined and was afraid of. Lack of depth and injuries has really changed what this team is. The loss of # 2, weeks ago had a bigger impact on the team than most realize. He was a true leader on the team. Losses on the line have been devastating. Loosing our center was another huge impact. The #56 situation has been boiling for a while. Not surprised that bubble finally popped and coaches had enough. #33 got his big run which I expected at least one. Not much he can do when we were getting blown up at the line and City was in the backfield non stop with multiple players. 

mentally the Dawgs did not want to play this game. The situation that had happened with #56 really shook the team and many others wanted to quit, and may still quit over it. To those players I would say: where is your pride? You break the huddle down with family.  It is easy when the season turns bad to try and blame someone else and use that as a reason to quit. These teammates are your family. Don’t turn your back on them. I promise no matter who the coach is, they will do things you don’t like or agree with. Parents will always be able to tell you that the coach sucks and tell you what the coach should have done. It is human nature to place blame. These are distractions. No matter if you win another game, stick thru it with your family/teammates. Don’t let each other down and be strong together. During times like this is when your true character comes out as to the type of person you are. If you quit, you will  regret doing that later in life. Family on me, family on 3. Remember.

Edited by HerefortheDAWGS
  • Upvote 1

Wow that was the worst Cornersville team I’ve seen. Didn’t even have the big country boys on the line..that’s a huge downfall from what they have been. Despite that however that’s the best offensive performance I’ve seen from City this year they was in rhythm and small detail things they executed well. Red Bank game shall be a dandy one last good test before the playoffs 

11 minutes ago, HerefortheDAWGS said:

Hats off to City. What a loaded team! What a defensive and offensive line! This played out how we all imagined and was afraid of. Lack of depth and injuries has really changed what this team is. The loss of # 2, weeks ago had a bigger impact on the team than most realize. He was a true leader on the team. Losses on the line have been devastating. Loosing our center was another huge impact. The #56 situation has been boiling for a while. Not surprised that bubble finally popped and coaches had enough. #33 got his big run which I expected at least one. Not much he can do when we were getting blown up at the line and City was in the backfield non stop with multiple players. 

mentally the Dawgs did not want to play this game. The situation that had happened with #56 really shook the team and many others wanted to quit, and may still quit over it. To those players I would say: where is your pride? You break the huddle down with family.  It is easy when the season turns bad to try and blame someone else and use that as a reason to quit. These teammates are your family. Don’t turn your back on them. I promise no matter who the coach is, they will do things you don’t like or agree with. Parents will always be able to tell you that the coach sucks and tell you what the coach should have done. It is human nature to place blame. These are distractions. No matter if you win another game, stick thru it with your family/teammates. Don’t let each other down and be strong together. During times like this is when your true character comes out as to the type of person you are. If you quit, you will  regret doing that later in life. Family on me, family on 3. Remember.

These kids that are still playing can still play for something. If they can beat Wayne County they are in the playoffs and keep going to the playoff streak alive. I hope some of the kids step up and have some pride for themselves, coaches, teammates and this community. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

48 minutes ago, dawgswin said:

These kids that are still playing can still play for something. If they can beat Wayne County they are in the playoffs and keep going to the playoff streak alive. I hope some of the kids step up and have some pride for themselves, coaches, teammates and this community. 

100% agree and hope they do not lose sight of this! 

7 hours ago, City223 said:

I’m starting to think Waddel never got a real chance from anyone in that community. Do you think y’all would’ve had a chance to win this with the old coach? 

By no means would Randolph be undefeated with this team, but I guarantee 1st or 2nd round of the playoffs would be at least achievable with him. Waddell and his staff teach terrible blocking techniques, only give Ben the ball about 10 times a game when he should be the centerpiece of that offense, and try to throw the ball way too often in terrible situations. No slight against the Woodard kid at QB but he shouldn’t be throwing as much. He’s an excellent athlete and could really fit into the run game if they’d utilize him more in that way. No doubt the injuries have hit Cornersville hard but when that happens you as a coach have to elevate players and I don’t think waddell is capable of doing that. Coach Randolph for sure was though.

• Sad 1

21 hours ago, TheLongestYard said:

Just curious about the Jackson kid for Fayetteville. I watched last nights game and noticed he never got a touch on offense. Actually I don’t think he ever even lined up on offense. I did notice he ran back a punt return so he’s obviously not hurt. 

He was on Offense. He plays slot receiver. He made some catches and had several handoffs. Not sure about his stats. 

Very interesting thread.  As a fan of a Marshall Co team who sees the ineptitude of our coach, I feel for you guys. I am struggling to name a team Forrest could beat right now. When I heard Waddell on the radio after the game, I was very underwhelmed and said so at the time. He gave the ball to Franklin 12 times in a game where he was seemingly effective. His postgame was how hard they tried or something. He lost to this Forrest team by 17 points. He cannot be good. 

Edited by GeneralForrest