Cornersville @Fayetteville

City223

1 hour ago, Doc931 said:

City drums Cornersville. If its one team they want put up as many points possible its def this team. They wont let off the pedal like they did vs Wayne co and Collinwood. Cornersville prolly honestly hopes it happens that way than can part ways with this cat they got coaching them. Cornersville gets back on the bus at halftime and City starts preparing for Red Bank.

The past 2 year its gotten bad when they played at cornersville with fans/players trash talking so I would say city is going to try to score as much as they can in this. highly doubt you see them let off on cornersville 

5 minutes ago, TheTruthHurts22 said:

It is I honestly thought one of the fans for cornersville was trolling us at the beginning  of this season, but in fact his name is Benjamin Franklin. After watching him earlier in the year, If he was on a better team he would definitely have much better stats he is a good sized kid who runs hard. He would be an asset and playmaker on 98% percent of 1a/2a teams in TN. The Thing that threw me for a loop is the coach will only give him the ball around 10-12 times a game sometimes even less for whatever reason.  I’d say he’s been close to 100 yards in most their games , because he will usually break off a 60+ yarder and he seemed to get better as the game went on. The coaching is over 60% of Cornersville problems until they fix that they will continue to get mercy ruled. The City game is going to be ugly. 

If I were him and wanted to play college ball, I would get out of Cornersville asap

• Upvote 2

17 minutes ago, City223 said:

The past 2 year its gotten bad when they played at cornersville with fans/players trash talking so I would say city is going to try to score as much as they can in this. highly doubt you see them let off on cornersville 

Refs tried to screw them last year couldn't have been more clear. They gone try to break the score board for surewell they will long as time doesn't run out on them. What you say JV is playing by 2nd qt?

3 hours ago, IPOPU2022 said:

Cornersville has a proud tradition and a history of great teams. And i believe a couple of state champion appearances. 
Could someone bring me up to speed on the coaching situation. Seems to be a lack of confidence in the current HC. 
A little history please on how all this came about?

My understanding Cornersville had several good candidates apply for the job including their defensive coordinator. It is mine blowing that this is the guy they hired. No head coaching experience and a horrible record at Hazel Green. They should cut him loose as soon as the season is over.

Edited by hammerhound

Regardless of what anyone is saying, they dressed 21 kids Friday night. They only practice with 16 all week. They also had 5 starters that didn’t even play. And 4 of the 5 lineman that started didn’t even start the year starting due to 2 of them quitting and the other ones hurt. 

We all can blame Waddell all we want but not many people are going to win practicing with 16 guys all week and only dressing 20 on Friday night. 

Even before Randolph left he only had 28-30 guys planning on playing this year and it’s still about the same not counting the injuries. I believe the sole blame is the kids in the school walking the halls. This senior and junior group was the most successful group in school history from kindergarten to 8th grade, now 20+ of them are walking the halls just in them 2 grades alone. 

8 minutes ago, dawgswin said:

Regardless of what anyone is saying, they dressed 21 kids Friday night. They only practice with 16 all week. They also had 5 starters that didn’t even play. And 4 of the 5 lineman that started didn’t even start the year starting due to 2 of them quitting and the other ones hurt. 

We all can blame Waddell all we want but not many people are going to win practicing with 16 guys all week and only dressing 20 on Friday night. 

Even before Randolph left he only had 28-30 guys planning on playing this year and it’s still about the same not counting the injuries. I believe the sole blame is the kids in the school walking the halls. This senior and junior group was the most successful group in school history from kindergarten to 8th grade, now 20+ of them are walking the halls just in them 2 grades alone. 

This is right on point! The injuries were a huge blow to the team last week. The Cornersville halls are full of kids who should be playing football and are not. Coaches can only do what they can with what they have. While I have questioned some of the play calling this year, which is to expected as the coach learns the kids, I thought it was a well called game against Eagleville, adjusting the offense to what we could put on the field. The number one issue is lack of depth at all positions. 

Friday will be a tough game against City. We know this. Regardless, boys that are here and the coaches will prepare like any other game and be ready to give it their all come Friday night! There is no quit in the ones still here!

52 minutes ago, dawgswin said:

Except those kids have all confirmed they quit because they didn’t like Waddells way of coaching. Randolph would have at least 9-10 more players dressing out every Friday and I assure you even if he only had 16 guys practice for a week he wouldn’t get blown out by 3 touchdowns on homecoming to eagleville. 

l

53 minutes ago, dawgswin said:

I don’t see what waddell is doing that’s so  bad. He’s trying to expand the offense so the opposing defense can’t key in on just stopping the old line up and run it down your throat. Not to mention this offense doesn’t have a guy like 54 or 50 from last year or the two fullbacks. 

• Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, GODAWGS89 said:

Except those kids have all confirmed they quit because they didn’t like Waddells way of coaching. Randolph would have at least 9-10 more players dressing out every Friday and I assure you even if he only had 16 guys practice for a week he wouldn’t get blown out by 3 touchdowns on homecoming to eagleville. 

Actually no they wouldn’t. Randolph would have had 30 kids max on the roster maybe and  they  have  28 on the team right now with all with of them hurt. 

In no regards did I compare Waddell to Randolph , I was just stating the fact it is hard to get anything done in practice and win with 16 guys practicing. So it’s hard to blame a new coach with that, now if he had 35+ or maybe even 30 for practice then it would be a different story.  

• Upvote 1

53 minutes ago, GODAWGS89 said:

They quit because they are quitters and that’s what quitters do. Many had quit under Randolph, mostly because of Hubble. I am only aware of 3 quitting under Waddell, and one of those came back only to be injured and made a personal choice to sit out after that. Perhaps I am missing some others.

you mentioned earlier that Waddel’s approach was more codling. And now that is why they quit? Waddell has to walk on eggshells because he can’t afford to loose anyone else! Numbers were down when he came in, in fact some that had quit came back. 

Dont’t make excuses for quitters. Not everything in life goes how you want it and not every boss will do things the way you want. Horrible life lessons to place the blame of their decisions on someone else. The problem is lack of desire and you can’t coach that! 

Respectfully! 

Edited by HerefortheDAWGS
  • Upvote 1