H20 @ East Robertson

Chiefbigfoot

3 hours ago, CCLHL08 said:

Yes and no. The penalty was called taunting before he crossed the goal line . In result 15 yard penalty once he started the taunting from the spot. Now if he taunted in the endzone after the play . It would have been enforced on the kickoff.  

No dog in this fight. Just pointing out that any unsportsmanlike penalty in High School Football Rules is a Noncontact penalty and "Must" be assessed as a dead ball penalty. This penalty should of been assessed on the extra point or kickoff. And yes, officials are being told to call taunting penalties as much as possible. Within reason of course. 

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, CCLHL08 said:

Yes and no. The penalty was called taunting before he crossed the goal line . In result 15 yard penalty once he started the taunting from the spot. Now if he taunted in the endzone after the play . It would have been enforced on the kickoff.  

NCAA you’re correct. NFHS is different. NCAA added their rule due to the penalty not truly punishing them. Therefore they made it to where the team lost the touchdown. I copied and pasted the rule below from NFHS rule book. 

NFHS 8-2 ART. 4 ... If either team commits an unsportsmanlike conduct or a nonplayer foul during a down in which a touchdown is scored, the opponent may accept the penalty and choose enforcement of the PENALTY:

a. On the try, or 

b. On the subsequent kickoff

34 minutes ago, highschoolofficial11 said:

No dog in this fight. Just pointing out that any unsportsmanlike penalty in High School Football Rules is a Noncontact penalty and "Must" be assessed as a dead ball penalty. This penalty should of been assessed on the extra point or kickoff. And yes, officials are being told to call taunting penalties as much as possible. Within reason of course. 

Is running down the sideline with your finger in the air taunting? He didn't look or point at anyone either. 

16 minutes ago, Merlyn said:

NCAA you’re correct. NFHS is different. NCAA added their rule due to the penalty not truly punishing them. Therefore they made it to where the team lost the touchdown. I copied and pasted the rule below from NFHS rule book. 

NFHS 8-2 ART. 4 ... If either team commits an unsportsmanlike conduct or a nonplayer foul during a down in which a touchdown is scored, the opponent may accept the penalty and choose enforcement of the PENALTY:

a. On the try, or 

b. On the subsequent kickoff

I knew that bum in their side messed up that call. 

2 minutes ago, kingofthenorth said:

I knew that bum in their side messed up that call. 

Someone messed it up that’s for sure. I didn’t catch which official made the call/decision, I was dealing with my kid at the concession stand. I do know if I was H2O staff/admin I would be standing on my head Monday morning when tssaa opened to report it. Probably wouldn’t  change the fact but considering this was a play/decision that effected a region game with playoff seedings on the line not to mention keep the winning team in contention for 1st place, they would know how I felt about it and just how bad their officials are. 

• Like 1