Haywood @ North Side

Ljsr

1 hour ago, Chargercats said:

Northside, Southside, & Liberty all have the athletes to compete with anyone if they had the right coaches and support!! 

Honestly, building Liberty was a mistake. If you actually go to Liberty, you'll see how cheap the school system really is. They build a track, but it's not big enough to host track meets. The field house is one of the smallest field houses I've seen for a 4A school. JMCSS, to me, is one school too big.

The coaching hiring of Orentheus Taylor dropped Liberty. Remember, he coached at JCM right before they closed, and the Cougars were just a dumpster fire. For some reason he went over to Liberty and the fire was there, too. The fire was too big it actually burned JCM. I think the coaches (as a whole) took a step back as well. Akin is trying, and there would be a new one at North Side as well. Truthfully, these are not good jobs to coach at, because you have no idea what players you're getting from the middle school ranks as well.

• Upvote 1

I know it's a short drive but Takos Borukas (Mexican) and Burbon & Barley (Located across from Outback) are new restaurants to try for any Haywood fan coming over.

Burbon & Barley is the exact same restaurant as the new Coyote restaurant in Milan. 

Safe drive over for Haywood, y'all be back before dark time.

Edited by TryNotToSuck

15 hours ago, TryNotToSuck said:

I know it's a short drive but Takos Borukas (Mexican) and Burbon & Barley (Located across from Outback) are new restaurants to try for any Haywood fan coming over.

Burbon & Barley is the exact same restaurant as the new Coyote restaurant in Milan. 

Safe drive over for Haywood, y'all be back before dark time.

Takos borukas is my favorite Mexican restaurant! Al pastor tacos are amazing! Just tried Bourbon & Barley for the first time last night, it was very good. I went to school with the owner, he’s a Haywood grad.

22 minutes ago, Rockytoptomcat said:

Honest question! What has happened to Memphis and Jackson public school football? Did Covid really affect them or is there more to it than that?

Not sure about Jackson, but Memphis players missed an entire season because of Covid. So, they have upperclassmen who have one less year of experience than they should. And, one less year of conditioning, weight lifting, etc.